Chapter 28

Kiera's POV

 "Ugh.", I groaned.

"Kiera! You're alive!", I heard Adonis yell.

"What happened?", I cleared my throat.

"You-you died and I thought you was gone forever. Then Aloni gave me the note you left for me.", he cried as I signaled him in for a hug.

"And you turned me into a vampire.", I finished.

"I'm here now and thank you Adonis.", I kissed his forehead and tried to sit up.

"Careful.", he warned and helped me up.

"Where are the others? Omg is Aloni, Rayne, and Landon okay? Where's Jax?", I started to panic.

"Their fine babe and I had someone bring Jax home. Relax.", he assured me with a slight chuckle.

"Ah You're finally awake!  I'm Aaron, your personal doctor. How are you feeling Ms. Washington?", the doctor asked walking in.

"I'm a little bit soar all over.", I said.

"That's going to happen due to your muscles strengthening and your body reacting to vampire blood.", he said checking my vital signs.

"When can I go home?", I winced feeling a pain go through my stomach.

"You can go home now but what's wrong Ms. Washington?", Aaron asked checking my stomach area.

"I just got a pain in my stomach. Ouch!", I winced as I got another one.

"Doc what's going on?", Adonis asked as Aaron went silent.

"I was afraid this would happen. Mr. Morelli can I speak with outside please?", they exited the room leaving me in confusion.

...

Adonis's POV

"Ms. Washington suffered sever trauma to the stomach which affected the uterus. I hoped that the vampire blood would heal her but I need to start her on some meds immediately.", he said in worry.

"So all you have to do is give her some meds then everything will be fine?", I asked hopeful.

"Not exactly. She may not be able to carry kids ever even if her uterus heals.", he said, "Would you like me to tell her?"

"No thanks, I'll tell her.", I walked back in the room.

"Hey babe. Is everything okay?", Kiera asked.

Should I lie to her? or Should I tell her the truth? 

"Actually Kiera, the reason you have pain in your stomach is because you were severely injured there and you have to take meds to heal it.", I held her hand.

"That's not so bad.", she smiled.

"The bad part is that you may never be able to have kids even if it heals.", I confessed.

"Are you sure? I mean there has to be another way!", she started to tear up.

"I'm so sorry baby.", I bent down to kiss her forehead.

"Can we just go home now? Please.", she turned on her side, not facing me.

"As you wish.", I sighed and left the room.