Chapter 16

Kiera's POV

I woke up to someone shaking me. I looked up and saw it was Adonis.

"Hey wake up, were here.", he sighed and got out the car. What's wrong with him?

I looked back and saw that Loni and Rayne were both outside getting their bags. I quickly unbuckled my seat and got out. Adonis seemed to have grabbed my bags and walked ahead with all of us behind him.

I decided to take this time to admire his estate. It was beautiful. He had a six door garage, fresh cut grass, and a water fountain statue. All in all, I was blown away.

We walked in and was immediately greeted by I'm assuming his maids, taking our things to our designated rooms. While they did that, he asked if he could speak with me and lead us to his room.

"Alright so since were here, I might as well tell you everything.", he began taking a seat on the bed.

"A long time ago, before you were even born, I met this girl named Charlene, who you saw at the restaurant, who was the love of my life. She was even my fiance, that was until one night when she drugged me and turned me into a... vampire. When I woke up, she was gone and left a note saying that she didn't want to be with me anymore because her heart belonged to my father.", he paused looking heartbroken.

"Adonis you don't have to keep going.", I said holding his hand.

"No I need to.", he argued, "A few weeks after she left, I got a call from father basically telling me that he set this whole thing up so I can be like him and so I could be king when he decides to pass it down. I was so angry that I did things that you could never imagine. Then, Aries came into my life and told me that instead of doing those things, I should build my own kingdom and that's what I did.", he ended and looked at me as if I was going to hate him.

"Adonis I don't hate you if that's what you're wondering. What Charlene and your father did was disgusting and cruel to you. I don't blame you for acting out of character, but I'm glad you turned your lemons into lemonade.", I reassured him.

He looked blown away by what I said and just stared at me . Then all of a sudden, he took me in a deep hug.

"Thank you for understanding Kiera. I...,", he was interrupted by someone knocking on the door. He went to go open it and went rigid.

Oh what now?