Chapter 12

Kiera's POV

I was having a good ole dream till I heard my phone go off. Like who calls people at this time?

Anyways, I answered the phone and it was Aries. He wants me to watch Rayne tomorrow because both him and Adonis is busy.

Of course I agreed, hung up, then went back to sleep.

...

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Now why do people decide to wake me up like I'm the only person they know?", I asked myself while walking to the door with Jax trailing behind.

I opened the door and saw it was Aloni with a food and drinks in her hands.

"Hey girl!", she said and walked to my kitchen.

"Hey. What you doing here?", combing my hands through my hair.

"I'm bored, we both off today, and I got some things to tell you.", getting her food out the bag.

I was about to say something but my doorbell rung. Remembering who was supposed to be coming I told Aloni if she could go check my clothes in the dryer.

Quickly checking myself in the mirror and throwing a piece of gum in my mouth, I threw open the door.

"Hey Aries.", I whispered.

"Hey Kiera.", he whispered, "Why are we whispering?"

"Because Aloni is here and before you say something, she never told me she was coming over.", I said apologetically.

"What? Are you seri...", he was cut off.

"Hey girl who's at the door? Oh hey Aries and... little Aries." she said in confusion

"Hey Aloni. Look I know this looks bad but I can explain.", he started to say.

"No there's nothing to explain. I understand that we are just getting to know each other and you didn't want to tell me that you had a daughter until you knew for sure we were serious. It's fine I understand.", she said surprising both of us.

"Oh well if that's settled then come on in!", I welcomed them.

" So what's going on?", she said curiously.

Aries told her the same thing he told me and introduced us to Rayne.

"Well I actually have to leave now so thank you again. Bye Rayne, I love you. Be good for Ms. Kiera and Ms. Aloni.", he hugged and kissed her on the cheek and left out the door in a hurry.

We looked at each other and shrugged.

"Well miss Rayne, how about we watch some cartoons while baking cookies?", getting her attention.

"Yay!", she screamed and ran off to the living room to play with Jax.

"Loni you sure you're okay?", concerned with how she is feeling.

"Yea girl I'm fine. If I was in his shoes, I would do the same thing.", she said honestly.

"Are you guys coming?", Rayne innocently asked.

"Yea last one to the couch is a rotten egg!", Loni took off with Rayne behind her.

"Hey, wait for me!", I rushed after them.