Chapter 14

Kiera's POV

After I closed the door, I walked back into the kitchen like nothing even happened.

"So what was that?", Aloni smirked.

"What was what?", I played stupid.

"Don't play stupid. Ya'll almost kissed!", she squealed.

"Yea, but we didn't...unfortunately.", walking to the living room.

"Oh so you catching feelings for him.", trailing behind me.

"I mean I guess I am. I don't know! There is just something about him that just pulls me in.", looking off.

"Then get to know him more.How 'bout you invite him over for dinner while me and Rayne go to the movies.", she suggested.

"Loni I don't think I would be able to control myself. The way he looks at me with those dark eyes makes me want to lose all self control.", I sighed.

"That just means that after the movie, I'll take her to get some ice cream, and take the long way here.", she winked.

"Ugh you're no help.", I shook my head and smiled.

She just laughed and went to the guest room.

I sat on my couch, phone in hand, thinking of ways to invite him over. Ugh this is so hard. Finally I settled with "Hey do you want to have dinner at my place Friday night?". Before I was able to send it, my phone rang.

It was the hospital calling me in for an emergency. 

I quickly freshened up and threw on my scrubs. I went to tell Aloni that I was called in, but she was knocked out, so I wrote a note instead. Doing a quick once over to make sure I had everything, I rushed threw the door. 

...

Work was long as usual. I looked at the time on my dashboard reading 5:21 am. When I parked, I just sat there not even wanting to move. I finally got the strength to move, so I grabbed my things and headed to the door.

I walked in and heard crying. I ran to the guest room and threw open the door to find Aloni on the ground, phone in hand, crying.

"Loni what's wrong?", I rushed over to her.

"I was talking on the phone with Aries and then the line went dead. I tried calling him back, but he never picked up. That's when I got a text from an unknown number sayin "your next". Which isn't correct English but still I'm scared Ki.", she cried in my arms.

"Shh shh it's going to be okay. How about you go find a good movie to watch while I call Adonis?", I suggested.

"Okay and thanks Kiera.", she smiled warmly. and walked out.

I quickly dialed Adonis's number hoping he would be up.

Adonis: Hello?

Me: Hey Adonis. I was calling to see if you've heard from Aries.

Adonis: No I haven't. Why what's wrong?

Me: Well Aloni and him were on the phone until the line went dead and when she tried calling him back, she got a text sayin "your next"

He was silent for a minute.

Adonis: Look I know this might sound crazy but I need you both to pack your bags with only important necessities because someone is watching you. I'll be over in an hour.

He hung up, leaving me confused. Nonetheless, I went and told Aloni what he told me and started to pack mine and Jax's things.

What a night.