Chapter 10

Kiera's POV

Once we got to the restaurant, we took a seat and gave the waiter our orders.

"So Kiera, what happened yesterday almost brought out something evil in me and I yelled at you to stop talking because if you would've kept talking about it then you would have saw another side of me that's pretty ugly.", he said cautiously.

"What do you mean an 'evil in you' that's ugly?", not understanding what he is explaining.

"Um I don't want to go into details about that just yet but you'll know soon.", he said in a promising tone.

Once our food came we kept talking about random things like work and our favorite movies.

...

"I had a good time Adonis. Thank you for taking me out.", I said sincerely.

"Well thank you for letting me take you out...again.", he chuckled.

I whispered a goodbye and walked into the hospital as he sped off. 

"Nurse, you are needed in room 502 to check up on Mary Robinson.", my assistant told me.

I thanked her and walked to that room with quickness. When I turned a corner, I bumped into someone.

It was Aries.

"Oh hey Aries what's wrong?", I noticed the worried look on his face.

"Uh my um. Look don't tell Aloni but I have a daughter and she is badly injured.", I was shocked but concerned.

"Do you mind me asking how this all happened?", I asked.

"Well I was at work when I got a call saying that my Rayne was dropped off this morning by a strange man with bruises and tears down her face. So me being her father, I immediately got in my car and rushed to the school in rage. I asked them if they saw what he looked like but all they said was that his hood was covering most of his face, he had a scratchy voice, and smelled like cigarettes.", he explained in the calmest tone he could have at the moment.

"I swear I'll never understand why adults abuse children. Look I know I don't know you like that, but I'll be happy to help in any kind of way.", I sincerely said while giving him a comforting shoulder pat.

"Thanks Kiera and remember don't tell Aloni. I don't want to tell her yet.", he hugged me then walked to I'm guessing the room his daughter is located in.

...

When I got home, I called Aloni to see what she's been to.

Aloni: Hey girl wassup

Me: Oh nothing much just that Adoniscametomyjobandtookmeoutonadate.

Aloni: Girl what did you say?

Me: I said Adonis came to my job and took me on a date.

Aloni: Aww that's so cute. Is everything good now?

Me: Yea its gucci. How about you and Aries?

Aloni: What about us?

Me: Girl don't try to play stupid. Are ya'll talking or going out?

Aloni: Yea we was going on dates and getting to know each other and we was supposed to go on a date today, but he cancelled...again.

Me: Did you ask why?

Aloni: Yea and he said and I quote "Something came up" like boy gtfoh with that lame ah excuse.

Me: Well maybe he'll come around one of these days Loni. 

Aloni: Yea hopefully. My students just came in, I gotta go.Bye!

Me: Bye girl.