Obsession Part Two

word count-1500+

"Jerome." Y/N whispered. "Jerome, wake up." She gently shook his shoulder. Jerome twitched a little then fluttered his eyes open.
"Y/N? What's wrong?" He asked.
"I'm in so much trouble!" She whimpered.
"What? Why?" Jerome asked, sitting up straight.
"I spent the night here." She said. "He's going to kill me!"
"No! I won't let him!" Jerome said. "Stay here! With me!"
"Jerome we can't, you know that." Y/N said. "He pays for my schooling and besides all my stuffs there anyways."
"Why don't we just run away." Jerome said.
"Away? From Gotham?" She asked standing up and shaking her head. "B but this, this is my home, your home!"
"Not forever! Just till we can make some money, this isn't the safest place." Jerome said, standing in front of her. "I want the best for you, you deserve the world."
"Yeah maybe, but all I want is you." She mumbled and placed her head on his chest.
"Maybe we should call that detective?"
"Why?" Jerome asked.
"Because, he can help us." She said.
"If I had done something very, very bad, would you still love me?" Jerome asked, but he didn't sound like his usual sweet, innocent self. He sounded darker, more sinister.
"Of course Jerome!" She said. "I... I love you, very much."
"Good." He grinned.
"W what did you do?" Y/N whimpered, scared of the grin on his face.
"Nothing, nothing at all, I was just asking." Jerome said. "I just wanted to know if you loved me as much as I love you." He smiled warmly, letting Y/N ease up.
"What am I going to do?" She asked.
"How about we go when he's at work, take some stuff and bring it here." Jerome said. "I can't be alone now." She nodded slowly and left with Jerome, into the heart of the city, the heart of Gotham.

When they got to her apartment building she climbed up the outside stairs and shimmied her window open. She crawled through, landing on her bed and quickly rolled off so Jerome could fall in. He squeezed through and flopped onto her bed.
"That used to be easier." He said with a chuckle.
"Whose there?" A voice asked from beyond the door. Jerome put his finger to his lip.
"Y/N is that you?" It asked. "I'm coming in." The door swung open.
"It is you!" The man snapped. "With Jerome, why didn't you come home yesterday?"
"J Jerome's mother was murdered." Y/N spluttered out. "A d detective asked me to stay and t talk and then I fell asleep."
"Who killed her?"
"We don't know yet." Jerome mumbled.
"Look kid, I may not like ya, but when a boy loosed his mum, it can be hard."
"It is." Jerome mumbled again.
"Ah, being alone right now might be hard. So if you need Y/N to stay over that'd be okay."
"R really?" She asked.
"Sure, just not anything bad." And he walked out of the room. There was a loud thud, they peered over and he had fallen over, laying unconscious, his beer bottle cracked and leaking the toxic drink.
"I still hate him." Jerome said. "He hurt you."
"Just be grateful, J." They quickly grabbed some stuff and left hastily. He took her back to his trailer and got all her stuff in.
"Jerome." She called.
"Yeah?" He replied.
"You asked if you had down anything bad, would I still love you." Y/n said. "You didn't really do anything bad did you?"
"Of course not." Jerome smiled sweetly. "I'm very scared right now, I guess I just say things." She nodded quickly and sat next to him. He pulled her into his lap. Jerome went to kiss her lips but there was a knock on the trailer door.
"I'll get it." She said and walked to the door. She opened it and saw Jim Gordon.
"Oh Y/N, hello." He smiled. "I need to take Jerome down to the precinct."
"Okay, I'll get him sir." Y/N said and scurried back in. "J, get your coat, detective Gordon's here." Jerome frowned and followed her out.
"Ah, Jerome we need to take you down to the GCPD- don't worry Y/N can come too." Jim said. "But I'm not sure if you'd want her too."
"No I'm fine." Y/n smiled and they all got in Jim's car.

"Whose you're father?" Jim asked. The questioning began. Y/n sat in the corner behind Jim. Mr Cicero sitting next to Jerome.
"I never knew him, my mother told me he was a sea captain. He died at sea." Jerome replied sadly, tearing up slightly.
"What boat?" Jim asked.
"I'm sorry?" Jerome asked.
"What was the name of the boat your father sank in?" Jim repeated.
"She never said." Jerome answered with puffy pink eyes, tears falling down his face.
"Well surely she'd know." Jim said. "Jerome. She lied to you." The blind man next to Jerome only nodded. Then finally in the silence he spoke.
"It's true, I'm sorry Jerome."
"What?" Jerome mumbled. "Why are you saying this? What are you talking about?!"
"He's right I am your father!" Me Cicero said.
"Stop! Why are you saying that?!" Jerome cried
"You must've suspected the truth." He said.
"My mother would never!" Jerome snapped.
"Your mother was a very cruel women. She was often unkind and abusive to me. But, she did once love me and you very very much!" He said. "That's why she gave you a better father." Jerome sat back in his seat, shock written across his face. Y/n wanted to comfort him, but by the look Lee gave her she knew she shouldn't. He bent over and cried. His tears were silent and his breathing hitched with his sobs, until his crying turned to laughter. Jim looked over in confusion.
"My mother, was a cold hearted whore." Jerome laughed darkly.  "She never loved anyone, but she'd never ever touch a pathetic old creep like you."
"All these years. Did you think I was kind to you cause I was such a nice, loving man?" He asked. "No! If I wasn't your father, would I help as I have after what you did?" Jim gave a questionable looked, Y/n silently gasped and Lee placed a gentle hand in front of her. Jerome quickly glared at Jim before shrugging.
"My father. Hm. I'll be dammed." Jerome said innocently. "Well it's quite funny." He began to laugh, manically. There was nothing funny about the situation but he laughed on, as if as though he was being tickled with soft feathers. Y/n stood up slowly behind Lee, watching the one she loved, laugh with madness.
"Badoom ch." Jerome mimicked playing the drum with his hand. "Looks like the bitch got me with a zinger in the end."
"Why'd you do it?" Jim asked.
"Oh you know how mothers can be. She just, kept, pushing." Jerome answered darkly. "So I said fine then mum be a whore, you can be a drunken whore even, but don't be a nagging, drunken, whore! Ya know." As he spoke he got more aggressive.
"Don't complain to me about unwashed dishes and dirty clothes, when you've been banging a clown in the next room!" He yelled as he spoke more, banging his hand on the table. "Ya know?" He began to laugh harder and louder, he laughed comically as he smacked the table. Y/n watched him in fear, why did she still want to hug him, after what he's done?
"Jerome you're under arrest for the murder of Leila Valeska. Arkham's got a cell with your name on it." Jim said standing up.
"You still love me? Y/n." Jerome turned to her. She stood in silence, not being able to find the words. Jerome stood up slowly, Jim grabbed his gun, Lee stepped in front of yY/n, but she pushed passed and stood in front of him.
"You know you're all I think about." He said with a sinister grin. "I want you all to myself."
"Now you've gone and done this." She said. "Murder."
"Nah uh, freedom." Jerome replied.
"Yeah sure, I was going to run away with you!" Y/n snapped. "Now I've gotta go home all alone, to that, that man! You were the only person I trusted!"
"But, Y/n! I did this for you, for us!" Jerome said. "I love you." He grabbed her neck and kissed her lips. Jim handcuffed him and pulled him back.
"Visit me?" He asked.
"Somehow I can't say no." She replied as he was pulled out, leaving a smile on his face. Y/n fell back into Lee's embrace.
"You know, Jim and I could adopt you." She mumbled. Y/n smiled up at her.

Later that night, Y/n was packing her room up with Lee, while Jim argued with her stepdad. As Jerome was throne into his new cellar.
"I'll get to you Y/n, I promise." He mumbled. And as he fell asleep, his dreams were filled with the girl he loved. He and her alone, forever.