"moving on"

you parted ways but you see each other again..
word count: 2300+
warnings:swearing, mentions of mental/physical abuse, graphic scenes,

Jim-After a fight with Jim, Y/n decided to end the relationship. Not that they hadn't fought before, this time it was bad. So Y/n took on the next case that would lead her to leave town for a few months. She took it purposely, just to get away from Jim. The last fight was so bad she even thought about transferring away, but she didn't. She didn't want to actually leave him, she just needed time to think after he told her that she cared more about everything else then him, that she was probably cheating on him too. She called him insecure and it spiralled from there.
It had been six months since she had left Gotham. Finally she was coming back. Back to her old life, her precinct, Jim. Some part of her wishes she never left, another felt relief that she took time to be away. Y/n was just happy the case was over. It had been her longest and hardest solve. She was so ready to vent to Jim about it that the first thing she did when she got back was look for him.
"What's that?" Harvey asked.
"Oh.. well these are Jim's favourite cakes. I wanted to get him something." Y/n said. "Know where he is?"
"Check Penguin's." Harvey said after he greeted Y/n and welcomed her back like a king. She ran, fast to the mansion. Being allowed entry, walking in quietly to find something that shocked her. Jim Gordon kissing another woman.
"Honey I'm home." She called out, he turned around quickly.
"Dorky?" Jim asked.
"Hey copper..Mrs Copper." Y/n said to the woman behind him. Throwing the cakes on to the tables and chuckling when she realised who she was. "Ah Falcone. Well enjoy your cakes. Sorry for the intrusion." Jim pulled away from Sophia and ran after Y/n.
"Y/n wait." He called and yelled after her until he caught her wrist. "I thought you weren't coming back."
"No. You're right. I didn't tell you if I was or would ever come back. You have every right to move on." Jim shook his head and grabbed her arms.
"I missed you. And I love you." Jim spat out, holding on to her tightly. "Everyday you're gone I can't help but get angry. About our fight. Maybe if you didn't take it we'd be ok, or maybe if I didn't stress you out, you'd finish it sooner because you miss me too."
"I love you but...what about Sofia?" She asked.
"What about her?" He asked, whispering what he said next. "She's actually here to take over Gotham so I'm trying to get her to give in." Y/n rolled her eyes at him.
"You were lonely." She replied.
"I was." He sighed.
"Well I guess I'll go fuck myself." Sophia called from the door, while Jim and Y/n kissed passionately. Jim held up the middle finger to her.

Oswald-
"I'm so over being called yours!" Y/n yelled. "And I hate when you feed into it! I'm not yours!" She zipped her bag shut and pushed passed Oswald to the door.
"No don't leave!" Oswald yelled, grabbing the ends of her jacket and falling to his knees. "I love you! I need you!" Y/n looked down at him, pity in her eyes.
"Oswald. Stop-please!" Y/n said miserably. She wanted nothing more then to fall to her knees and kiss him, but she couldn't. She knew she had to leave, because staying would be a punishment to herself.
"Oswald after that last man tried to buy me and use me while you weren't here I realised how unsafe it is with you. And instead of telling that guy I'm a human you called me your property!" Y/n spoke, looking at the wall in front of her as if it was him.
"So..so goodbye." She said and ran out with her bag. Oswald left crying and sobbing on the floor, Y/n still fresh in his mind.
A short while had passed and Y/n had found someone else. They were taking their relationship very slow. And of course, Oswald knew this because he had been keeping tabs on her.
"They haven't done anything but hold hands." Victor said. Oswald glared at him.
"She clearly doesn't want him! She feels bad for him." Oswald yelled. Victor rolled his eyes, pushing himself off the wall.
"It's been four months, time to find another one." Victor said.
"Another one?! Another?!-Do you know how-
Oswald finished talking when he heard her voice. It was coming from a screen which was linked to a camera set up in her room.
"This is..creepy." Victor said.
"Shh!" Oswald snapped. No! Please, I don't want this. I'm not ready. GET OFF. She punched him across the nose.
"Wow she's got a mean punch!" Victor said. Oswald grabbed his gun and ran to the door. Victor starred at the screen angrily. "You'll regret that." The guy yelled and threw her against the bed head. Her pants were yanked down, he slowly unbuckled his pants, her eyes darted to the door, she tried to make a run. He jumped onto her and grabbed her ankles, pulling her back. Suddenly the door opened and in Oswald came, shooting him in the head over and over. Falling to his knees he held her.
"This doesn't mean we're okay. But thank you." She said.
"But-
"Oswald I'm grateful you saved me-but I'm sure there's a camera in here you stalked me with. It's not okay. When you learn to back up, then maybe we can retry this." She responded, pulling away from him to stand up. He growled and stood up, looking into her eyes he calmed down and nodded before leaving silently. Victor grabbed the dead body and moved it.
"Bye Y/n."