Chapter 11

When Rogers walks in, he frowns "When did you get in?" he asks as I flip a letter opener in my hand.

"Around five." I state as I put the opener down "Sleepless night." I sigh, receiving an odd look from Steve "Nothing sexual, if that's what you were thinking."

I prop my head up in my hands as he asks "Why can't you sleep?" I shrug and he gives a blank look "Problems with the boyfriend?"

"No." I sigh, before picking up my phone, about to call Thor. With a sigh, I sit it down. I don't want to be that boyfriend.

"Did you hear anything from Thor?" Steve asks as he leans next to me.

"He's in Australia. His dad isn't taking well to having his eyes taken away." I state, before explaining "Call didn't last long."

He sighs "Well, I'm going to transfer the abuse mother back up from the tombs. She should be sobered up."

~

"Miss Benler, is there anyone we can leave Modi with?" Steve asks as he paces around the room "A father?"

"His father was a one night stand." she says, before explaining "He's a cop."

I look to Steve and he nods, before we walk out and he sighs "Get his DNA to the labs, I'll stick with her, see if I can get a name out of her."

With a nod, I grab a spit stick and walk into Banner's office, to kneel in front of Modi with a smile "Modi, darling, I need you to open your mouth."

His face goes from happy, to distressed, before he starts to pull off his shirt. I stop him instantly "No baby, not that." I whisper, and he gives a confused look "You never have to do that again."

He nods, before opening his mouth. I quickly swab it, and put the stick in its plastic bag, before giving a warm smile "You did great, darling." I give his shoulders a little squeeze, before he smiles and I stand, walking out of the room.

When I walk over to Tony's computers, I look to Clint, who sits next to Tony "Clint, will you run this down to the lab? Tell Banner to rush it, because it's Modi's DNA. Mummy dearest said that Modi's father is a cop. Tell Banner to send the results to Stark."

He's out the door and I look to Tony "As soon as those result are in, pull us out." and with that, I'm back with Steve.

~

An hour later, I sit on the edge of the the table as Eliza scratches her arm, jonesing for the next fix.

Suddenly, a text rolls through my phone and I find a photo from Thor. It's his calf, and you can see a bite mark in the muscle.

After I look at it, I find he's calling me. When I pick up, I walk towards the door as Thor sighs "So I got bit."

"I noticed." I state, leaning against my desk "I told you that you'd get bit, but you didn't listen, did you?"

"It was just a little grey nurse. All bark, no bite, in less you wipe out on one. Then you're in for a nip." he explains, his accent extremely heavy.

"Spoken like a true Australian." I scoff, before Steve sits next to me and I put Thor on speaker "Hey, you're on speaker. Tell your captain what you just told me."

"I got bit by a little grey nurse. All bark, no bite, unless you wipe out on one. Then you're in for a nip. Doesn't hurt much."

Steve scoffs as Tony rolls back in his chair to sit next to us "What did you just say, big guy? All I heard was Australia."

"I got bit by a little grey nurse. All bark, no bite, unless you wipe out on onr. Then you're in for a nip. Doesn't hurt much. Got kicked by a kangaroo few hours ago." He declares, innocently.

"Was it in the head?" I ask and he grovels "Why were you messing with a kangaroo, anyway?"

"I dared him to try and jump on it's back." Hela states and I laugh "Didn't think he would actually do it."

There's a flash over at the computer and Tony declares "Lab results are in."

As we move over to the computer, I take Thor off speaker and explain "Eliza told us Modi's father is a cop, so we ran his DNA through the database to see if we could get a match."

"Tell me who it is." Thor insists as Tony opens the file. First I see the DNA, side by side with the father's, then Tony scrolls down, and I have to lean against the wall for support "Who is it?" Thor asks.

I cover my mouth for a moment, realizing the cop probably has an STD, and that "Thor?" I ask.

"Loki, what is it?" he asks and I bite my lip "Come on, who is it?"

Finally, I sigh "You're a dad." he's silent on the other end, and I stand there, not knowing what to say "He's not okay, mentally. He's very noticably abused, and definately molested, but..." I sigh and cover my mouth.

"I'm a father." Thor whispers in shock and I can hear Hela ask if he's barking "Oh my... he's probably... what's he like?"

"I need to sit down." I state and Tony pulls out a seat. Once I sit, I explain "He's very quiet. He doesn't speak English. And when I don't think he's ever received a hug in his life."

"Oh my, Odin!" he cries out, before asking "Loki, baby, will you please take a picture of Modi for me? Odin needs to see him before he goes blind."

"I-i just need a minute." I state as I stare up at the screen "Thor, I-"

He's silent for a long minute, before asking "What, is that a deal breaker for you, or something?"

"N-no, I just..." I bat my eyes, before looking back to my desk "This has been one hell of a week, I tell you what." I sigh, before rubbing my forehead "Thor, you know nothing about being a father."

"Then I'll learn." Thor states, before declaring "I want to see my son."

"Yeah." I sigh, before standing up and walking towards Banner's office, speaking to Modi "Darling, I'm going to take a photo of you, to show your father."

He gives a confused look, before I hold out the phone and he gives a little smile. His shaggy dark brown hair covers his big hazel eyes. After I snap the photo, I send it to Thor and sit on the edge of the couch, putting Thor on speaker "Did you get it?" I ask in Norwegian so Thor can speak to Modi.

"Am I on speaker?" he asks and I hum, before he speaks to Modi "I know you must hate me, for not knowing you before now, but if you'll have me, I'd love to know you."

Modi pouts his lip for a second, before I ask "Would you like to see your dad?" He nods and I hold out my hand to him and he takes it.

When we walk out into the bullpen, everyone looks to us. As I kneel beside him, I scoff at the fact that he holds the teddy bear to his chest. I point up to the photo of Thor, and his lip quivers "What's wrong, darling?" I ask.

"Why did he leave me with mommy?" he asks and a sad little voice. It breaks my heart to see it.

Thor takes in a staggered break, before going silent for a moment "Do you want daddy to take you away from mommy?"