Chapter 19

"Where do you want to go first?" I ask Modi as we walk around the amusement park "We can go ride a ride, or play some games."

"Games!" he calls out, before pointing to a water gun balloon game "That one! That one!" he insists.

When we sit on the barstools, he sits in between Thor and I. As we play the game, Thor and I tend to shoot at Modi's target. After his balloon pops, he lets out a squeal of excitement as the carni gives Modi a stuffed cat "It's already kitty!" I smile and he nods "What are you going to name him?"

He looks at the cat for a second, before nodding "Veggie!"

I look to Thor with a smirk, before looking down at Modi "Veggie it is. What do you want to do next?"

Modi looks around, before spotting a cotton candy vender "What's that?"

By the time Thor walks back to our bench, he holds two churros and two bundles of cotton candy. One blue, one green.

Modi receives the blue cotton candy, and a churro. I receive the green. Thor munches on his churro.

We sit there, eating our snacks, as people walk by. After we're done, I wipe Modi's face of sugar and find he looks to be high "Ahh, Thor?" he hums "We have about two hours before Modi crashes, but he's definately on a sugar high."

Thor looks at Modi, before laughing "Okay, what can we do to wipe him out?"

I think for a second, before shrugging "Paint balloons?" Thor smirks.

~

By the time we walk out of paint balloons, I'm covered in blue and green. Thor is covered in red and blue. Modi is somehow blue, green, and red.

Our clothes are clean, as we were supplied with jumpsuits and goggles, but Modi and I have paint in our hair.

Modi now rests his head on Thor's shoulder as he walk down towards the rides, to get on the wheel.

By the time we're at the top, Thor is basked in the glow of the falling sun and looks godly. His smile could match the glow of the sun, and something in me bursts as the sun starts to slip for his features "I love you."

He looks to me in confusion and I look away in self-loathing, before he turns to me and moves my chin to look at him. He places a tender kiss on my lips, before declaring "I might have told you in the worst way, but I meant what I said. Still do."

I look at him with with a small smile, before wrapping myself against him and Modi, who looks at us tiredly.

Thor kisses the tip of my nose, before reminding "I love you."

~

On Sunday, we walk into work and Banner pulls me into his office to hand me a small cup "You know what to do."

Once I get back from the bathroom, Banner sits me on his couch and rolls up my sleeve to tap my veins.

"You're going to feel a little pinch." he tells me, before sampling my blood. When he's done, he asks "Now, I'm still going to test you in three months for viral infections, but I'm going take your underwear and test the different seminal fluids for AIDS, HIV, all the heps, and herpes."

I pull the plastic bag out that holds the boxers from that night, of my bag, and hand it to Banner.

"You may return to work. I'm going to go test these and I'll pull you back in here when I'm done. Good?" he asks.

"Great." I smile, before he shows me out and leaves the office. When I sit in front of Thor, he raises an eyebrow to me and I give a weak smile, before Barton slams he door of a suspect questioning room "What's wrong with you?"

"That guy, Rocket, still hasn't broke." Barton howls, before looking to me and Thor "I need a break, do you mind?"

I look to Thor and he shrugs, before we stand. When we step into the room, I sit in front of Rocket with amused look as Thor paces around the room "It's been awhile." I state and he gives me a sad look "Three and a half years now."

"Yeah well... dead children tend to stop people from speaking." Rocket states, before shaking his head "When I get outta here, I'm quitting my job. I gotta get out here in a few hours, anyway."

"Fourty-eight hours is almost up." I state and he nods "Rocket, you killed a little kid, with a heart defect, in your son's old room. You don't have fourty-eight hours. You have the rest of your life, which will be painfully short, once your arse is in prison."

I click my tounge at him "Baby killers don't last long in prison, do they Thor?"

"Not at all." Thor replies, before leaning against the table next to Rocket "Or around here." he bends forward to whisper to Rocket "You see, my partner here, he's murdered people. A lot of people. He's invested in this case, you see. He's not scared to killing another person."

Rocket looks to me as I smirk "Now, you either confess, or we stay here until you confess." I look him over, before biting my lip "Stand up."

With confusion, he does and Thor moves his chair away, before sitting down and propping his feet up on the table and I ask "I wonder what Stark is up to. Do you wanna go check?"

"Might as well, this guy isn't going to tell us anything." He stands and grabs our chairs, before asking "Do you need anything?" he shakes it off "No you don't."

We walk out the door, and I call over my shoulder "Don't sit down."

A few hours later, Rocket has yet to break and we have yet to re-enter the room, when Banner walks back in "I need you in my office."

When we walk back into his office, he starts "You are disgusting." he states, before explaining "Your underwear held fifteen different strains of seminal fluid."

"Well what's the verdict?" I ask, sitting on the edge of the couch "The clap? Syphilis?"

"The urine test came back negative." Banner states and I let out a sigh of relief and he continues "Blood work came back negative."

I nod as he flips the page "Man one through seven, and nine through fifteen, are clean. Man eight, has a UTI." I nod and he tosses the paper on his desk "You are clean, but I want you to finish your antibiotics."

I smile and nod, before he nods towards the door. As I walk out, he sighs "Do me a favor. Next time you're in an orgy, uses condoms!"

I smirk, before declare "No orgies for me." he nods and I walk out to find my co-workers staring at me "Ya boy is clean!" I announce.

"That ah DILF!" Stark remarks and I laugh, before sitting at my desk and playing a game of footsie with Thor.