Chapter 13

As I walk into the hospice wing, Steve sighs "Where's the kid?"

"Dropped him off at Banner's office. Bruce is watching him." I state as I walking into the hospital room to find Gamora in hysterics "He didn't want me to leave."

"You're pretty close to the kid." Steve states and I hum in recognition "Do you think Thor's going to like that?"

"I think he'll like the fact that the boy can give someone a hug without thinking he's going to get touched inappropriately." I hiss and he raises his hands in surrender "What do we have?"

"Nobodies been in or out of the wing for the past two hours. This was definately one of the nurses." Steve states.

I look to Gamora who's gripping onto Mantis for support "It's not Gamora. She wouldn't take a kid off life-support. Not after Groot." I look to Peter, who stands strong "Peter wasn't at the first murder. He didn't do this."

"It's either Drax, Mantis, or Rocket." Steve states, before looking to Rominoff "Bring them down for questioning."

When I check my watch, I find it's six. Thor's flight has been moved up to seven. I sigh "I gotta head out."

"Aren't you going to help us interview the suspects?" Steve asks as I start towards the door.

"Thor lands in an hour. I've got to pick him up. We'll meet you at the station." I turn back to look at him "This was Fenris's room."

~

As the gate opens, people spill out and I look for a manbun in the sea of people. When everyone clears out, I frown and think that maybe he didn't board his second flight in time. Maybe he doesn't want to be a father.

Then there's a tap on my shower and I turn to find the Australian behind me. His hair is freshly cut "You cut your hair?"

"Technically, my sister did. As a prank." he smirks, before giving me a longing kiss and wrapping his arms around my waist "Do you hate it?"

I pull him back to me and shake my head "It's rather sexy." I smirk, before kissing him again "The past three days."

"What I wouldn't do to be alone with you right now." he smirks mischievous and I blush "Where's Modi?"

"At the precinct." I state, taking his hand and starting towards the car "There's been another murder, at the hospital."

He stops dead in his tracks "Can we knock out anymore suspects?"

"Nebula." I state and he nods "Come on. Modi can't wait to meet you."

~

As we walk into the bullpen, Modi runs towards us and hugs my legs. I pick him up and sit him on my side, before turning to Thor who gives a shocked look "Modi, this is Thor, your father."

He looks to Thor, before looking to me "Does that mean that you don't want me anymore?" he asks, before continuing "Because I almost knocked over the pictures?"

I press my lips into a fine line "Do you know where my desk is?" I ask and he points to my desk "And do you know where your dad's desk is?"

He shakes his head and I back up to stand him on Thor's desk "This is Thor's desk." Modi nods and I declare "I was mad about the mantle. I was concerned about your safety."

Thor sits at his desk as the captain walks out "We're ready to question the nurses."

I nod and look to Modi "I'm going to leave you two to talk. I'll be back in a little while." Modi nods and I walk after Steve.

After the interviews, Steve asks "Did anything stick out?"

I shake my head "Drax and Mantis aren't smart enough to cover their tracks, but Rocket... he's one clever racoon. He might have done this. Keep grilling him."

When I walk out to the bullpen, I smile at Modi "I need to barrow your father for a little while. Do you mind staying with Tony?"

He shrugs and I sit him next to Tony, before pulling Thor away "Where are we going?" he asks as I pull him into the elevator.

As soon as the door is shut, I assault his lips and he doesn't resist.

After I back away, I explain "We're going to the hospital. Maybe the killer left something behind that forensics didn't catch."

"Can we stop somewhere first?" he asks and I smirk at him, mischievously "Well you started it!"

~

"Thor!" I moan out as I grind on him in the backseat of the car "I-" I tilt my head back as he places a tender kiss on my neck.

"Loki!" he whispers as I run my fingers through his short hair "I love you." I stop instantly and look him in the eyes "What?" he asks.

"Fuck you!" I hiss, before pulling up my pants and grabbing my shirt "You don't get to do that!"

"Do what?" he asks as I step out of the car to buckle my belt "What did I do?"

"Halfway through the best sex I've ever had, and you just decide to go and drop that bomb, didn't you?" I hiss, pulling on my jacket.

"Well it's true!" he hisses and I roll my eyes at him "What, you don't believe that?"

"You don't love me!" I scream and he gives a pissed look "You love the sex!" I lean against the car to tie my shoes "I love the sex."

"Then why are we arguing?" he asks and I give him a look that reads of 'you really don't know', before ignoring him and tying my hair in a knot.

"Come on, we don't have all day. Your son is probably missing you." I call at him and he follows me.

"So this is about Modi?" he asks and I sigh "Is it the fact that he just showed up out of nowhere?"

"It's not about Modi." I state, stepping into the elevator.

He grabs my chin and whispers "Come on, let's just kiss and make up!"

With a growl, I push him back and hiss "You can't just tell someone you love them for the first time, while you're screwing!"

"Well when a I supposed to say it?" he asks, before shrugging "In our line of work, it's far too easy to be dead!"

"Have more class!" I spit, before the elevator door opens.