44

AERUM'S POV

"That's it..." I ended. The swing moved terribly slow but in a way it was enough to calm me.

"Are you sure?" Tae  asked intently and I nodded, still unsure of my own words.

"I mean, you and Jungkook never had anything intimate, right?"

He asked and I shook my head implying a 'no'.

"We did kiss once but that's it. Nothing more ever happened." I said and felt him leave a sigh that made me turn to him.

"So, Ara thinks you and Jungkook are cheating behind her back. Jungkook thinks that Ara cheated with someone behind his back. And you're telling me that you and Jungkook never had anything in the first place."

"Yes. I don't even understand what's going on anymore. Why is Ara mad at me, shouldn't she be believing me?" I asked myself.

"But who does Jungkook suspect Ara with?" Tae asked and it then clicked my mind, I still don't know what Jungkook was referring to.

"I don't know."

"What if it's a sick plan?" Tae said simply and my eyes widen.

"What do you mean?" I asked immediately..

"Really Aerum. All of this happened on the same day. Ara getting mad on Jungkook. Jungkook getting mad at you. And now both of them ignoring you. It seems like different steps to achieve the same task or whatever. Something doesn't seem right."

Tae said while staring at the ground. He had broken up with Mari during similar days. All of these circumstances happening simultaneously was seeming too off to him.

"Stop going all out with your Sherlock Holmes books now Taehyung." I said but he frowned at me.

"I'm serious Aerum, watch out. I really feel bad about all of this. Try talking to Ara about this too."

• • • •

I walked into the ward and it looked like Ara was ready to leave. She pecked Jungkook's cheek and glanced at me before quietly leaving.

How much longer are we going to be this way?

I looked at Jungkook to see him reading a book. Slowly walking towards him, I sat down on the chair where Ara was seated before me.

I watched him, waiting for him to notice my presence.

"Why are you here?" He asked without looking away from the book in his palm.

"I wanted to see if you were fine?" I answered him, weirded out by the way he seemed so much colder to me.

"Didn't know killers care so much about their victims now." He said simply, his eyes still reading the parts of the page.

"Excuse me?" I said, unsure of his statement.

"Please leave." He said coldly.

"No, what the hell do you mean by killer? Does a killer take care of their victims while they're in a coma too?!" I said starting to fume with rage.

"Look, I'm still not well as you can see. And I'm really not in the mood to fight with someone like you."

I couldn't even function after the outbreak. Getting up almost immediately, I walked out of the door. Shutting the door loud and hard.

The moment I was out of the ward, I held my head between my fingers.

Unknowingly, my eyes left tears drop by drop. I cared about him when his fiance was still dreading over him and then I get labelled as a killer.

I sat down on a chair nearby as my tears brimmed more and more.

Why on earth am I crying?

My phone buzzed and it was a message from Ara.

Ara
Don't approach Jungkook anymore, you'll only get more pain than this.

I rubbed my tears off and kept my phone in my pocket, looking up to see Ara at the end of the corridor.

She glanced at me for a moment before looking away, walking away and yet again I was left devastated as always.

TBC