50

I felt the cold metal slip into my finger, that was it. I was actually engaged to my best friend. And trust me I had never seen Taehyung this happy. His smile was so wide.

My mom was getting teary in the background, Tae's parents were smiling just like him. I could see a little smile in Ara's face. Jungkook on the other hand didn't seem very pleased. I could care less, looking back to Taehyung, I slip the ring into his finger this time.

As soon as I did, Tae hugged me. I could hear the elders laughing behind the scene and I blushed. Somehow trying to get out of his hold, I pinched his tummy and he jolted laughing.

I was happy, really. I turned to see Ara again but she wasn't there anymore. Neither was Jungkook, I sighed.

After the celebration, I wanted to talk to Ara. I told Tae about the matter and he agreed to come along.

On reaching her place I knocked on the door, only to be welcomed by Jungkook, well not exactly. His eyes turned bored just at the sight of us. He left the door wide open for us to enter and just left.

Ara was seated on the sofa. I made my way to her.

"What are you here for this time?" Although she seemed just as cold as before, in a way her words really felt less effective, it didn't hold the same disgust as it did before.

"I just wanna talk." I said and went to sit beside her.

"Stop."

She said and my footsteps came to a halt, I waited for her to finish taking.

"Stand right there, God knows what you might do." She said and returned the same bored gesture, the one we received from Jungkook when we stepped into this household.

I sighed and shook off her words, desperately not wanting to cause a scene. Rummaging through my pockets I took out the photographs.

Jungkook who seemed like he was helping me in the photograph, which he was. Jisoo did a great job in making Ara misinterpret the entire situation, but with Mari's help, I was at least able to prove I was of no guilt.

"Sweetie, we live in a world where photo shop has many advantages, this proves nothing."

Before I could say anything Tae spoke up.

"Please stop this nuisance Ara. You know nothing, then why do you not even try? You've been believing all you want, because of you, even Jungkook's following the same steps.
Is all this really necessary?!"

Ara sighed before getting up her seat.

"Of course Tae, you're going to support your to be wife, but she's my sister, and although I'm ashamed of that fact I still can't get over it that, she tried ripping me off my man."

"Ara-"

"No Tae, I don't care, I've seen the way she looked at him before, I'm not willing to a make the same mistake as trusting this back stabber of a sister."

She said looking right at me. My feet were shaking, a feeling I never felt before, she was ashamed of me?

Tae held my hand but all I could think of were her words, does she not realise how much of an effect her words have on me.

Not being able to hold much longer, I left. Discarding Tae's hand which now hung lose. He gave Ara a look before following me the way out. As we reached his car, Tae gently pulled me into his embrace.

"Why doesn't she believe me? Why can't she just hear me out? Is it that hard for her to just believe her own blood?"

"Shh, it'll all get over soon. She'll come back to her senses and accept you, she just needs time."

"How much more time Tae?! Didn't you hear her? She ashamed of even calling me her own, it's been weeks, how much longer?" I breathed out with the last bit of air in me.

Unable to breath properly because of the heaviness I felt in my chest and throat.

I felt Tae's lips collide against my forehead. Looking upto his eyes, I felt at ease upon seeing his smile.

"Come on, enough of all this drama." He said and pulled me with him into the car. Soon putting the seat belt on for me, pecking my cheek before moving back to strap his own.

I could feel my face heating up, Tae smiled again before starting the drive.

• • • • • •

He held my hands as we walked along the beach under the night sky, both of us having Ice cream cones to keeps us busy as we gazed at the sight of the sea.

I felt my notification ring, but I ignored it.

"You can check it you know, what if it's important?" He says and signals me to go ahead.

I nod and take out my phone, Jungkook?

"Meet me at the Down Under tomorrow at 6."

Read the text message, Down Under? Why would he want to meet me there?

"Who was it?" Tae asked.

"Jungkook." I replied and his eyebrows furrowed.

"He wants me to meet him tomorrow."

"Want me to come along?" Tae asked, his thumb running across my palm in a soothing way.

"Sure, it's for the better."

"It'll all get over soon Aerum-ah."

To be continued....