69

AERUM

Should've listened to Tae when he wanted to take me to the hospital earlier today, my chest hurt like before, the rhythmic contractions going slower and the pain only worsened every time I breathed. But none of it mattered right now, I drove across the trees, indicating that I was getting closer to the forest, the sky was getting gloomier and the sun that was hidden before, barely visible now.

The clouds were a soft shade of grey and I could feel the pain worsen as I felt anxiety take over me. I was getting closer to the hilly terrains and felt my self getting worried even more.

During this time I noticed another car right behind me, shadows of two individuals visible to me, shaking the thought away I focused on the dense drive. Stopping when it felt appropriate I got out, realizing that the car that followed me wasn't here anymore. They must've lost me somewhere.

Regardless I looked around, trying to find the mere figure of Ara.

I screamed for her but didn't receive a response, I ran through the wet grass and finally reached an open area, where the grey sky looked even more prominent. I managed to see a figure at some distance making me run to it almost immediately, unable to breathe but I ran full speed like I was about a lose a piece of myself.

"Ara!" I yelled as I got close to her who was staring at the open space beyond the hilltop. My arms pulling her away from the edge and closer to me, embracing her as I felt myself getting weaker.

- - -

Aerum-ah,

You asked if I remember when we engraved our initials on that tree, of course, I remember. How could I forget when it was me who convinced you to do it? I miss those days when we didn't know how cruel the world could be when we thought the world revolved only around us and our happiness. If only we didn't grow up, maybe I wouldn't have grown to be such a jealous person, unworthy of being your sister, unworthy of your unconditional love, especially when I never returned to you what you truly deserved.

I understand if you never forgive me. I don't deserve it anyway... hope you don't forget me though. I'll wait where we used to go with mom and dad, if you do forgive me, then meet me one last time, hug me one last time.

Please don't hate me...

Your stupid unnie.

- - -

She hugged me back...

And that was enough for me to break down, after months of waiting for her to even talk to me, when I felt her arms around me, pulling me closer and resting her head on my neck I felt like the world only revolved around us.

TAEHYUNG

"Would you ever stop being such a wuss?!" I screamed when Jungkook got us lost for the third time.

"I'm trying dimwit!!" He squealed and continued to look at the GPS.

"It says we're here but I don't see shit!"

" Stop cursing asshole!" I screamed and he looked at me like I was a joke.

"Why don't you try driving then?" He yelled at me, spat at the same time making me almost punch him straight in the eye.

- - -

AERUM

"Why the letter Ara?" I asked as we both were seated on the grassland, staring at the wide-open, the sky had slowly started to grow darker, predicting another rain.

"I wasn't lying." she started and looked at me, smiling sadly.

"I've caused you immeasurable pain, sometimes without even realizing it."

She got up and I looked up to see her close her eyes, breathing the mildly humid air, as tiny droplets of rain started to a dropdown. Her dress flowed elegantly and she smiled.

"I had a fight with mom too, somehow she managed to make me realize what I was doing, to you and myself. I can't forgive myself but I pray and hope desperately that you do though..."

I got up and before I could say something we hear noises behind us, making both of us turn to see the car that was behind me from before. The two individuals being a little traumatized Jungkook and a cranky Taehyung. I turned to Ara and she motioned me to go to them.

"Why would you come here?" Tae asked and I looked back to see Ara still looking at me, smiling softly and I turned back.

"Just because," I answered shortly.

"Let's go back Ara, it's gonna rain soon," I shouted out as the winds flew stronger with every passing second. Jungkook went in to start the engine while Tae and I waited for Ara to join us.

"Sorry, Aerum." She said and started walking backward. I watched her confused until she gave me a sad smile.

'Hug me one last time.' My eyes widened as I watched her slowly back off, getting closer to the edge. My adrenaline kicked in and I ran, Tae followed but soon caught up, reaching her before me, before I could go closer to the edge I felt myself getting pulled from down the waist.

Jungkook held me back and I screamed when I saw Ara slipping away.

"You're gonna get hurt Aerum." Jungkook said and I tried pushing him away roughly.

"She could fall!"

"Taehyung is right there Aerum!!" He yelled as he tried holding me back, from my point of view I could clearly see how Taehyung was trying to hold on to Ara who could fall anytime. My chest hurt badly and I started to cough whenever I screamed her name.

"Ara!!" Tae screamed and I felt myself being crushed inside realizing that his hold on her hand loosened. My head turned repeatedly and I was starting to blackout, my vision completely black but I could numbly feel the rain over me.

TAEHYUNG

I held onto her hand, I tried hard to pull her up but she barely did. Images of us when we were young flashed across my head and I felt myself getting weaker, my eyes started to tear up but she still managed to smile, making me feel worse as I gave it my all to pull her up.

On one hand, Ara was trying to let herself loose, escaping my hold, on the other I could hear Aerum's painful cries.

"Give him a chance for me..." She said, I saw the red in her eyes and felt her hand slowly slip away.

"Hold me damn it!!" I shout at her but she doesn't try at all.

"I'm sorry." She says and pushes my hand away, the blood flow in my arm had stopped for a while leaving immense pain, but my eyes never left those of hers.

"Taehyung!" I heard Jungkook scream behind me, he was crying too and I saw Aerum passed out in his arms.

Rubbing the tears I ran asking him to lay her on the backseat of the car, holding her wrist I noticed how her pulse was slow like yesterday.

"Hold her quick," I said to Jungkook and went to the front seat while he sat holding her in the back.

I watched the little cliff reminding me of the event that just passed, my eyes getting blurry as the tears never stopped.

Hitting the pedal I drove as fast as I could to the hospital. Looking back through the rearview every five minutes to see if Aerum was okay, not able to help but notice how Jungkook looked at her, he was more than just worried. 'Now wasn't the time to get angry Tae', I whispered to myself.

The rains grew heavier but I managed to drive us to the hospital as soon as I could.

"Taehyung, she's not breathing..."

TBC

TMI

to be honest this was my most favorite part to type in the whole god damn book cause it holds the kind of emotion any person could relate to.