73

TAEHYUNG

"I don't need her."

5 YEARS LATER

My hands were sweaty as I held onto my passport. Breathing in the fresh air of Seoul, I shut my eyes, seeing families and couples happily embracing their loved ones who'd returned from China as I had.

The last 5 years were hurtful, quite busy but it was worth it. I'd learned how to stand up on my own and know my girth, I was more confident in myself. Aerum said that she'd come to pick me up and that was what made me nervous. Waiting in the aisle I noticed two figures, walking in search of someone, hand-in-hand.

I lift my arm and wave, the figures smiling and running to me. My breath hitched when Aerum jumped on me, wrapping her legs around me and bear-hugging me. I almost fell back when Jungkook held my arm, it was probably a sight for everyone else. Little kids could be heard laughing.

I tapped her waist and she laughed, slowly getting down and grabbing my cheeks with a smile. She's grown up in the last five years to be a beautiful young woman, well still a bit of a kid considering how the elders around snickered on seeing the three of us.

"Let's go home now!" Aerum said before taking my arm in one hand and Jungkook's in the other. So they really came along... why was I sad? Wasn't this what I wanted?

Jungkook got on the driver's seat after helping me keep the luggage in and Aerum sat at the back.

"No one's gonna ask me how work had been for me?" I asked, specifically to Jungkook who chuckled in response.

"I don't think 'I' need to honestly, you guys spoke almost every day. Aerum told me everything about it." Jungkook said and turned to me smiling.

I looked away, a sad smile I didn't want them to see probably clear on my face now.

"We'll go home first, Tae can rest then we need to go somewhere," Aerum told us and we nod.

I took a deep look at the house which I missed horribly, a little different now, the paints had been changed. Upon entering, I noticed how everything was just the way I imagined.

A dog ran up to me out of nowhere, catching me off guard, making me fall, again.

It licked my face repeatedly and I couldn't help but giggle.

"Who's this guy?"  I asked and Aerum crouched down to pat its head.

"Her name's Champagne," Aerum told me and I blushed a deep red, realizing my mistake.

"Well, apologies to you my lady," I said and bowed apologetically hearing a few chuckles from the other two.

"She likes you already," Aerum said and pat my head before walking off to the kitchen.

Jungkook was bringing in the luggage and I got up, Champagne following after me when I did so. I helped him and once all the work was done, we were left sighing, Jungkook hugged me tight and I coughed out this time.

"What's with people catching me off guard today!" I exclaimed out and heard Champagne bark.

"And lady dogs." I corrected myself and she ran off to where Aerum was. Jungkook pulled away and smiled deeply.

"As much as I want to lie, I can't. I missed you, man." He said and I smiled, pulling him for another man hug.

"Ewww, get a room jerks!" I heard Aerum shout and I turned to see her covering Champagne's eyes who was now laying on her arms.

"I've placed breakfast, whoever wants some food can come," She said, her hands still hovering Champagne's eyes and I smirked when I saw how flustered she'd become.

Nodding at Jungkook, we both went in and helped Aerum set the table.

After breakfast and some well-deserved sleep, we went out to where I'd been wanting to go for quite some time.

Aerum drove us this time and soon the sights of our mutually shared Cemetary came to view. Our great grandparents were buried here, the place bringing many memories.

She led the way and Jungkook and I followed, feet soon stopping in front of the headstone that broke us all a bit.

Min Ara

1995-2020

'You'll be fondly remembered...'

Recalling Aerum's call from a few years ago, when she'd told me how horrible a condition Ara was found in, even if she said it through the phone, I remember how I was deeply hurt and unable to work properly for a few days.

Kneeling down I place the rose I had inside my pocket, followed by Jungkook doing the same. We decided to leave after a few moments, but I wanted to stay longer so I asked Jungkook and Aerum to leave first.

Once they were out of sight, I knelt down.

"I did it Ara, she's happy now. I didn't think she'd be able to move on, but I'm happy that she was. I'm happy that she's gonna be happier than she was before. I- I miss you, we all do." I said, feeling like a weight was lifted off my chest when I did.

Getting up, I turned around to see Aerum in a distance, I was shocked but didn't let it show. She didn't say anything, simply smiled and motioned me to come along before moving on to the car.

I sighed in relief, turning around to see the headstone one last time and walking after Aerum.

TBC