𝔫𝔢𝔴 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰...

Thursday, 1st September
Velani...

i woke up accompanied by my loud alarm rubbing my eyes and yawning. it felt so good though, i don't know , after the summer break i've been feeling more motivated and energised lately. i hopped into my warm shower and did my hygiene.

i threw on an oversized baby pink hoodie and these light washed blue jeans with my checkered vans. i left my braids down and put on my usual routine of makeup. I took my school bag said bye to my mum and of course I never got an answer back and I left the house.

i went to school and had seen everyone greeting each other , some people complaining about how bummed they are that summer is over, some complaining about homework and teachers. i ignore all of that and head to my locker struggling to unlock it. I'm so focused on my locker that i didn't focus on anyone around me.

i feel a presence next to me so i look up at them. "need some help , babygirl?" Kam'eron was standing in front of me. she has light caramel skin and has dark brown eyes. Her smile was bright and her teeth were shining white. she has black braided hair and soft pink lips. She wore grey sweats and a plain white nike top with black airforces. she looked so good. Her locker was right next to mines so i wasn't surprised or anything , i was more shocked about the fact that she actually spoke to me. "uh-y-yeah ah little" "ugh what an idiot why am I stuttering" i thought to myself. she let out a cute giggle and indicated that i should move out the way. with a jiggle and a turn my locker was open.

"thank you" i said not able to look at her in the face. "you welcome mamas , oh! I'm Kam'eron by the way" i already knew she was Kam'eron i mean she's the most popular girl in school who wouldn't know she's Kam'eron but I just looked past it. her voice was deep but had a touch of feminine to it so say if you where on the phone you could tell you where speaking to a dyke. "i'm velani , nice meeting you" i said whilst tucking my hair behind my ear.

"i already knew who you was bae , but I didn't think you was so cool" i wasn't surprised she knew who i was. we've known who each other was since 3rd grade and i got terribly bullied in middle school. but our classes where quite big so we never got to associate ourselves with each other and properly meet.

all these nicknames "bae , mamas , babygirl" why was she being so nice to me? i mean I'm not pretty and it's known she likes females neither am i her type she seems to go for skinny white girls. i was so confused. we said our good byes and she ran to her boy group. and I went to the main office and sat down there since I have not friends to go to.

the bell finally rings and i head to my class. i had English so that's where i went. i sat next to this boy called jahseh. he had black short dreads and thick eyebrows and lashes. he wore a black zip up hoodie with black ripped jeans and vans. he didn't pay much attention to me and i didn't pay much attention to him.

"yo""you talking to me?""yeah you , wassup"i was all types of confused why would this nigga want to talk to me

"yo"
"you talking to me?"
"yeah you , wassup"
i was all types of confused why would this nigga want to talk to me. he wasn't speaking to me at all before summer break. he one of them popular kids but he's more low-key. he was known for fighting and being very aggressive and easily irritated. ion know him like that for me to judge him off what people feel.
"oh, I- I'm cool. you?" "i'm whatever , ya know" his voice was deep and raspy and he kind of mumbled when he spoke.

i've seen him fight on various occasions and that boy can fight for real for real. but i don't know him personally for me to judge him on himself. there was an awkward silence
"how was your summer? whatchu do?" i ask hesitantly. he looked up at me. his eyes are dark brown almost black. he let out a small chuckle and smirked. "meh i didn't do much" i could tell he was a dark person and he struggled with some type of mental illness , his attitude and body language was easy to read.