ℑ 𝔠𝔞𝔫'𝔱 𝔡𝔬 𝔦𝔱...

I just sat there and balled my eyes out.
I felt my skin dry up due to the tears that I shed.
I just sat there, in his arms in an emotional disbelief.

This is exactly what I was afraid of, being disowned by my mother.
My hands where shaking as I held Jahseh's hands, trying to get up and walk towards his car.

We got up to the car and I turned around facing him, with my back resting on the car as he stood in front of me.
Watching the stream down the cheeks of my face.

I open my eyes and saw him staring at me, his eyes read heartbreak and pity. I just rested on his car, looking back at him scanning the features of his face. Since it was the only thing that I could do at that time.

His broken heart tattoo
The tattoo that read 'Alone' above his eye brow
And the numb written in cursive underneath his eye.

Seeing the look in his eye made me cry even more. I hate seeing the fact that he feels sorry for me, I hate people feeling sorry for me since I feel like it's my fault. He grabbed my wrist, pulled me in and held me tightly.

He played with my braids as I soaked his hoodie with my tears. "Let's go inside Velani. Go pack your things you're living with me and Stokeley."

He said sternly. I nod my head and slowly walk across the narrow short road leading to my house. I took my house keys out my pocket and unlocked the door, miserably walking into the same how my step dad hurt me in.

I looked around and none of my baby pictures were up for anyone to see. It was only pictures of Kyrii. At his graduation, at his 11th birthday , on Christmas and many other memories involving Kyrii.

I heard the door close and footsteps walking towards me and I turn around to see Jahseh. "You'll be okay you'll be fine I promise" he said wrapping his arms around my waist, kissing my neck. "Jah, she took down all my baby pictures. She's being serious"

I said not even crying since I didn't feel much emotion after that. Maybe this is the feeling they Jahseh had described to me "Numbness" "is this what you mean Jah? by feeling numb. Is this why you have it tatted on you face?" I said stroking my thumb on his tattoo. Staring back as I turn his way , making his arms unravel themselves.

He sighs and nodded at me slowly. "Why did she do this to me Jahseh. What did I do wrong but he hurt and taken advantage of?" I say finally feeling fresh tears roll down my face.

"Some people just don't deserve you. They aren't ready for your level of loyalty or love. You have to remember that not everyone was raised like you. Not everyone has a pure heart or good intentions like you. And not everyone has your best interest and wants to see you succeed."

He replied as he looked down then back up at me before continuing. "The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from enemies, it comes from those you trust the most." I sat on the couch and stared into space.

He came to comfort me but I stoped him before he could and he backed away. "Velani I'm just trying to help." he said calmly as I still continue staring into space. I finally look up at him and he looked heartbroken "I want you to love me less Jahseh. I don't deserve such an angel like you"

He stepped closer to me "you deserve everything, and I refuse to love you less. I wouldn't if I could Velani. You mean everything to me and I don't want to let you go. That's why I'm letting you stay with Stokeley and I so that you can feel happier. So I can take care of you properly. To the best of my ability. Just allow me to Velani. Please"

I slightly smile and a tear falls out my eye again. He honestly makes me happy and he means the world to me as well. "Thankyou Jahseh"

"your welcome Velani. I love you." He said pecking my cheek. Then he went upstairs I guess packing my things.

>>>>

15 minutes pass and I hear the front door unlock to see my older brother come in. "Kyrii!" I say, running up to him jumping in his arms. "Argh Lani!" "I've missed you~" I say still hugging him tightly. "I've missed you to lil sis. What have you been up to?" He asked me letting go.

"Well I've got a lot to tell you" I say, letting out a deep sight. He saw the sadness in my eye and frowned at me. "What happened? Did anyone hurt you cause you know I'll fist fuck then if they did" he said causing me to let out a light giggle.

"Well um" I get interrupted when I realise that Kyrii wasn't looking at me anymore and his eyes where in the direction of the stair case.

I look the direction of the stair case to see Jahseh mugging him as well. "Yo, Who the fuck are you nigga?!" Kyrii yelled walking towards the stairs. "Jahseh pussy, who the fuck are you?" He yelled back , equally aggressively.

"Kyrii stop he's my friend he's helped me a lot when you weren't here. Please stop Jahseh he's my brother!" I yell over them arguing. But of course the didn't stop.

Kyrii raises his fist swinging towards Jahseh

The whole room went slow...