scene 27

"What on earth are you doing here? It's raining and you're soaking wet!"

Seokjin stared at the person who stood before him. He was trembling in front of him, but he remained silent.

The man looked concerned, his eyes wandering, taking on what Seokjin looked like.

"Jin? Why are you here?"

Seokjin didn't respond. He was frozen in place. He shivered from the cold, his hoodie sticking to his body. Why must a photo bring him to this situation?

"Seokjin? What's wro-?"

"Don't even continue that question." Seokjin interrupted, shutting his eyes close. He was sick of hearing a question he doesn't know the answer to.

"Seok-"

"Please." He pleaded.

The other was taken back by the sudden desperate tone to the younger's voice.

"Why are you here?" He asked once again, nuch more softly compared to the last.

Just went for a stroll under the rain. Nothing new.

Seokjin sighed. "I ran."

"Why?"

I guess to avoid encountering anyone at all but you're here so.

Seokjin shrugged. He has been struggling ever since he saw the last person he wanted to see. He has been struggling.

Holding your tears in the middle of the rain while you're shivering and your in front of a best friend was not an easy task to accomplish.

"Jinnie?"

Seokjin looked up, his fists clenching. He can't handle the tears anymore. Any second, he'll break down.

Until he felt arms wrap around him. So unfamiliar, yet he felt nostalgic. He shivered under the not so warm touch, his eyes falling to the older's shoulders.

"Don't hold it anymore, Seokjin."

What do you mean?

"W-What?"

"Cry."

Cry?

As much as he wanted to, he can't. Man, he doesn't know how Seokjin had been longing to be in someone's arms, to cry on someone's shoulders. They don't even know.

Seokjin pushed the other away, stepping back.

"St-Stop."

"What? Seokjin-"

"Y-You won't accept me."

You won't.

"What? Seokjin, what do-"

"You won't accept me."

Seokjin desperately tried blocking his tears. Unfortunately, luck was not by his side, few tears slipped, causing him to wipe those with his sleeves hastily.

"Seokjin..."

"Just go, Jaehwan."

Seokjin turned back towards the railings, not really thinking at all. He felt his arm being pulled away from the railings, making him whimper in pain when he felt his arm get sticky.

Great, it opened.

"Jaehwan-"

Arms engulfed him again, now more firm, yet oddly comforting.

"Shut up. Just breakdown and cry."

Seokjin didn't. He didn't push away. He didn't cry. Despite the fact that he had been involved in embracing, his arms were usually the ones wrapped around the other. He was never the onw being hugged in this way. He wasn't use to this foreign feeling.

"Stop thinking Jinnie and just let go. I'm here for you."

Seokjin knew that was the last straw when he gave in, tears slipping. His head fell on Jaehwan's shoulder, his arms around the other's waist, his hands fisting the layers of clothes at his back.

His silent whimpers turned to sobs, his sobs turned to chokes, later did he know, he was wailing.

Wailing because of the pain he felt and was receiving.

Wailing because of the feeling of being alone.

Being unwanted.

Being judged.

Being mistreated.

Being a burden.

Being unacceptable.

"It's alright, Jinnie."

"J-Jaehwa-"

"Shhh," Jaehwan hushed, stroking the younger's damped hair. "Don't worry."

"I've got you."