Part 1

The carriage finally stopped, days of traveling finally over, I didn't wait to jumped down the few stairs onto the cobbled streets and twirl in the sunlight. I had grown to rescent the dark musty box we had been locked up in for the past two week or so.... time going so slow eavh day felt like a year. My sister pottered behind me, snarling at the sun, getting a servant to cover her with a fan.
"Your highnesses," A tall man stepped forwards, his broad shoulders barely fitting into his uniform of black, red and gold, the house symbol sewn onto his right breast. I cocked my head, I recognised him, but couldn't put a finger on it. "My name is captain Westfall, I am captain of the royal guard."
I smiled kindly at him. Yes of course, he was Dorian's friend, or at least he was when we last visisted many years ago.
"The king has put me in charge of your safety during your visit to the castle."
My sister scoffed behind me. "You may attend to my sister but my own guards will serve me better than I can imagine you will."

I rolled my eyes at the comment, last time we had visited, captain Westfall here - only a young teenager at the time - had gotten so fed up of being ordered around by her, that he told her who she truly was - a pompous spoilt bratt. She deserved it, even i had to admitt that, I laughed at the memory.
"Y/n." I introduce myself smiling at the guard, his jaw relax as he turned to me. His eyes ran up and down me, pausing on my hip. I pulled my cape back around the handle of the dagger strapped to my waist. "We had a... bumpy journey here." I explained.
My sister was tapping her foot, not at all impressed. "Can we go inside? I don't want to tan my skin."
I bowed at my sister a little, out of respect with her being the eldest, and went to help the servants with the bags, insisting I took my own, knowing they were going to be weighed down enough with hers.

The captain personally escorted me to my chambers, the rest of the guards having to help carry the many bags my sister had brought, you would never believe we were only here for a month!

"Let me take your bags princess." The captain said, reaching out for them. I dodge his hands. "Just because I am a woman captain does not mean I can't carry my own bags." He straightened his back, like he was waiting for a scoulding. "Anyway, if you are incharge of my saftey then I can't have you getting tired over bags." I was toying with him, I just hoped he noticed.
His mouth twitched into a smile. "I assure you princess I can handle a few bags."
I smiled at him as he held open the big oak door, I noted he had put me in the stone part of the castkle. Not the glass part. "You certain? You look a little weak to me." I joked, anyone could tell it was a joke, even my hunourless sister. This man was practically made of muscle, his whole body rippled with it. Everytime he moved I could see all the muscles shifting to allow it.

I laid my bags out on the nearest table, noting it was mahogany and gaped at my room. Wow. On the right were three grand doors leading to seperate rooms, and to the left was a bookshelf adorned with the most elaborate books and ornaments I've ever seen. Next to that was a queen sized four posted bed with willowy cloth hanging all around the bed. I span around in awe, I had never had chambers like this to myself.
Captain Westfall stood to the side watching me, probably amused but I could hardly care, I had all of this to myself. "The queen sends her apologies that it is probably smaller than you are used to, but we located you here for your safety."
"Smaller." I snorted moving to the window, brushing back the curtains, they felt like silk. "This place is huge." I turned to the captain, he didn't show any facial expression but I guessed he was confused for a princess to find something ordinary to most rich the most extraordinary thing she's ever seen. "Don't suppose you've ever been to Cithrí?"
The captain shook his head.
I nodded, he probably had no intentions on going, not many new fancy travellers came through anymore. "Well its a very small city," I explained. "I think the Queen's chambers aren't even this big."
"City of poison." He said sternly, like he disapproved. It would be a lie to tell him he was wrong. I was more shocked that the rumours had travelled this far south.