Part 24

The horses clattered down the cobbled streets, they're hooves annoucing our arrival down every street. They skidded to a halt before the forge, deep smoke steaming from within. "Korgan!" I shouted, my horse pacing, we had little time. We needed to go now!
The man in the forge slowly turned to us, his face obviously displeased at our arrival. "Ya've caused enough damage, cap'ain." His yellow teeth snapping with each word.
I shook it away, I had caused damage, I knew that, damage that would result in nasty scars. Damage that would result in my heart dying if we wasted more time. "The king knows where y/n is, they're in trouble."
Korgan flicked his eyes between Dorian and I, his back straightening. "Thats impossible."
Dorian shook his head, his horse too was anxious to get going. "My Father has sent men after them Korgan, they won't be able to defend themselves."
Korgan simply jutted his chin, and stormed back into his forge. I looked to Dorian. Seriously? We did not have time for this man! The last thing I wanted to find was y/n with a slit throat, her precious blood leaving her lifeless body. She would die thinking I hated her. She would die never knowing that no one in my world could ever come close to her. That I would have my family abandon me all over again just to spend an hour more with her.
Korgan returned, and I was amazed. I knew he hadn't been a swordsman, but what was that?! It was a long pole of wood, at the top end was a globule of obsidian, twice as large as my head, with around twelve sides on it. I gulped. One side had a blade shaped like an axe on it, the curved edge sharpened to cut the thickest of chainmail with ease. The opposite side had three metal sticks protuding out of it - like an owl's talons. It was a weapon designed for crushing, chopping and piercing it's enemies.
He held it like it was nothing, but Dorian and I were fixated by it. Amazed anyone would want to do that to his enemies. Or hers.
"Ya go ahead." He gestured his chin to the far wall of the city. "She be on the west road, old gypsy route. I bring the men."
I gave him a small nod of thanks, kicking my stead into action. I had to get to her before it was too late.