Part 16

I was almost changed by the time Chaol began to wake. Groaning and burying his face in the pillow, his hair toulsed and clumped in areas with dried sweat. "Morning." I said from the far end of the bed, tying the lace on my tunic. "Someone's had a bit of a lie in."
Chaol, lifted one groggy eye. "What?"
I laughed, this was probably the first lie in he had ever had. I can't imagine the king giving him lots of mornings off, I can't imagine the king ever giving him free time. I moved round and gave him a quick, morning kiss. "It doesn't matter, did you sleep well?"
He sat up, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed, and rolling his shoulders, his shoulder blades looked like the fans on a windmill. "Yes, really well." He gave me a mischievous grin, stretched out, tackling my by the waist and dragging me back into bed. "Chaol!" I yelped, falling on top of him. I could have sworn I heard the bed snap beneath us. Chaol fastened me to the matress, both his arms over my torso, his legs pinning mine down. He pressed kisses all over the top of my head. "Last night was amazing." He whispered in my ear, the sudden hot air triggering goosebumps. I rolled my eyes, pulling myself up as much as his cage of limbs would allow and kissed him. It had even more love then any on your previous kisses.
He didn't look different, and surprisingly I didn't feel different, I thought it would be noticeable that we had lost our virginities. Everyone hyped it up so much, saying it was the most valuable part of a bride, but I would be creeped out if anyone actually noticed without me ever telling them. "Don't you have a king to attend to?"
Chaol shrugged, brushing his nose past mine. "I also happen to have a girl I love more in my arms."
I rolled my eyes again, then wondered down his chest. I ran my hand over the grey lines, I had never spotted them before, they were small, some had jagged edges others just were slick dipping into the golden skin a little. "What are these?" I puzzled.
"Scars." Chaol replied, watching me intensely trying to uncover each scars past.
"What's this one from?" I frowned, running my finger over it.
Chaol's deep voice rubbled throughout his torso. "Loosing to my training master."
I nodded and trailed my finger over to another. "This one?"
"A clumsy sevant with a cheese knife at a ball."
I chuckled, what an impressive battle that sounded like, being stabbed with a cheese knife.

"What about the one on your leg?" Chaol asked.
"What?"
He pressed the pad of his finger into my trousers on my upper thigh. The finger didn't sink in as far as it would have when we were back in Rifthold. "Oh, that." I said, the white circle on my leg clear in my mind. I had completely forgotten that Chaol would havd seen it last night. "That was Rowan." Chaol's brows pulled together, with hatred? Confusion? I couldn't read him, how I longed to read him. "It was during training a few years back, the lady he had been whooing at the time had just ended things with him. He was very upset." I laughed, remembering how he cried over her, how he said he would never love again. "So I teased him about it during training one time, really wound him up, so he hit me in the leg with the pointed end of his hammer."
Chaol's eyes widened. "How have you still got your leg?"
I snorted. "He was only trying to shut me up." I bit the inside of my cheek, the blood too bitter for this early in the morning. "Plus he had a physician attend me the moment he saw the blood."
Chaol ran his finger in circles over the patch my scar lay under. His eyes filled with concern like I could still potentially die from it. "What did your father say?"
I rolled my head back laughing. "He brought us in for a lecture the moment I could walk, slapped us around the back of the heads and that was it, never spoken about ever again."
"So you got a scar and all he got was being told off?"
I shook my head, running my finger tip down the dips in his abs, the skin was shivering underneath them. "No, the nurse took to punishing Rowan, told him he had left bloodbane, a serious poison, on his hammer. Told him he had killed me. God he was mortified." I laughed blissfully, listening to him wail in the room next door had been a moment I wish I could replay.
Chaol just lay there wide eyed, his hand relaxing it's grip on my waist. "Thats messed up."
I nodded, yes yes it was indeed. But it was also hilarious and a memory I treasured.