Shut up or face my pillow

Don't ask about the name choice it's so random haha

I folded up the top. Silence. Finally I had managed to get silence. I sighed laying the top on the pile on the bed. I had been fighting for silence for days now, and I had finally achieved it. It put a little skip in my step. I was sorting out the laundry, I used to sort it for two, then one, and now it was a miserable two again. I hummed to myself to occupy the lonliness, Chaol -my husband - had been gone for a whole nine months. He was supposed to be gone for three, but Dorian said the army had got held up, that it would take them longer than they had expected. So as ever I was the wife that got left behind, to do things such as sort the laundry.

I paused from my humming trying to remember the next lyrics, until I heard them behind me. A deeper hum, hitting way off the notes. I span around my jaw dropping to the floor. Chaol was leant on the doorframe, his classical stupid smirk framed on his face. He appeared to have been there for a while. "Chaol?" I whispered, my beating heart all I could hear.
His smirk grew. "How's my beautiful wife?" He pushed off the doorframe, and I took that as my hint. I ran into his arms throwing myself against him. Our lips collided, his strong arms pulling me into him, reaching under my thighs and lifting them around his waist. "Someone missed me." He commented proudly.
I leant my forehead agaisnt his, my eyes moist. "So much, so bloody much."
He reconnected our lips, plopping me on the bed, he crawled on top, resting his body between my legs. "I had no idea you were coming back." I said, curling my hands in my hair, as his lips trailed their old route down my neck, down to my collarbone. Little wet kissing noises filling our bed room that was finally filled with both it's rightful owners.
He paused, resting his head on my chest. "I sent word to Dorian."
I rolled my eyes, I had forgotten that the stupid self loving prince had warned me of a surprise that would frighten me enough to faint. I though he had been talking about starting more prank wars. "I love you." I said, my fingers prying at his top.
"I love you too, so much." Chaol said, sliding back up to kiss my lips, my heart fluttered and I drew him closer.
He ruffled up my skirt, reaching for his belt, when the bloody crying started. The horrible wailing of a baby. I sighed, digging my ears back into the pillow. Chaol paused, but his eyes quickly lightened. "Oh gods, I completely forgot...."
I laughed at him, how could anyone forget that he had left one month into my pregnancy, and nine months later he had forgotten he would have a child. I slinked out from underneath Chaol, and pottered around to the side room, where our daughter cried in her cot. I picked her up, bouncing her in my arms. Chaol was right behind me, cautiously, but curiously full of love taking his first look at his daughter. "I called her Nissie, as you wanted."
Chaol's eyes watered. "Can I?" He asked, stretching out to take her.
I gave him a small smile. "Of course, but mind she doesn't like strangers."
He took his daughter, rocking her soothingly, a proud smile on his lips. He didn't seem to notice that she was houling louder, piercing my eardrums yet again. "Hello darling, aren't you beautiful, just like your mother."
I linked my arm with his. "She wants feeding." I slid her out of his arms. "Chaol have a bath or something, you must hurt from riding all day, I'll feed her and we can catch up then."
He nodded, clearly rather tired from a whole day's ride. He pecked my head. "I want a big cuddle with both of my girls later." He kissed my lips. "She's perfect y/n."
I beamed him a smile, if only she was..... perfect meant silent.

I finished feeding Nissie, put her back to bed, so relieved that she was silent, and made my way into the bathroom. Chaol was resting in the tub, his hands stretched out around the rim and his head rolled back between his broad shoulders. He was breathing in the hot steaming water, and the tons of bubble soaps he had poured in at random. I fumbled around, moving a few things, folding towels, putting his clothes in the laundry basket. A hand tugged on my dress. "Y/n....." Chaol begged, giving me his needy puppy eyes. "Take off your dress, and join me."
I knelt at the tub side, running my hands all over his bare skin, kissing his lips, neck and shoulders. "Do you really want to see my stretch marks, and leftover fat?"
He shrugged. "They make you all the more beautiful."
"You." I poke him. "Are so cheesy Mr Westfall."
He poked my nose. "And you, Mrs Westfall, are wearing too many clothes."
I got up, swirling out his reach. "I have jobs Chaol, clean yourself and then I'll consider maybe removing some of my clothes."
He chuckled, knowing that I was still the annoying woman he proposed to.