Part 26

I ran my hand through my hair as I walked down corridors that I had grown a stranger too. The black stone disgusted me, and made me long for the glass palace, at least the sun could touch my skin in there.
I sighed, I knew I should be trying to sleep, I barely slept at night. I really shouldn't be working early mornings too. Ever since that day, I had nightmares, nightmares were I watched her die all over again, but this time it wasn't the man stabbing her, it was me. That feeling of crushing bone, was hers.
I didn't need that, not now, not when Rowan and Vanir had just been welcomed back into the castle and announced future kings to the throne, much to Dorian's father's misery. I nodded to a fellow guard as I passed, hoping I didn't look too much of a mess. I paused before the room doors, should I really be here? It was so early in the morning, she would surely be sleeping, but I had twenty minutes to spare between meetings and even if it was just to watch her resting I knew it would make my day better. I pushed open the door, the sounds of sweet humming echoed through the chambers. The bedding on the bed was rolled up at the end ready to be cleaned. The curtains clearly snapped back, the window opened, plates of an assortment of berries all over the room.

She danced in, bursting the skin of a blueberry between her front teeth. Her hair, yet to be brushed and braided, swung freely by her hips. Her blue night gown shimmering as she swayed to her own song. "Oh!" She said, stopping as she saw me, her gorgeous eyes full of life, as they should have always been. "Its you!" She teased, smiling playfully.
"Yes it is, princess." I replied, knowing how she hated being addressed formally.
"And how do you happen to be in my chambers Captian?" She took another handful of fruit. She hadn't been back in the castle for long, but already her womanly shaping was coming back, the squishiness of her flesh returning.
I smirked at her, my quirkly flirting girl, that was her, the one I loved so desperately. "I was passing by and thought I should inform you how bad your singing is, save the rest of us from suffering."
She gasped, tossing the fruit at me, it bounced off my clothed chest, squishing on the floor. "My singing is better than yours!"
I couldn't deny her that one, and certainly wasn't going to attempt to prove her wrong.
She strutted a few steps closer, her eyes gleaming with trouble. "You seen this?!" She exclaimed, lifting up the side of her nightgown. I gulped, my eyes trailing up her bare legs, all the way to her hips, the thin strap of her underwear resting on the bone. I knew it wasn't that she wanted me to look at but I couldn't stop myself, and I desperately wanted her to lift the gown up futher, to remove it completely.
She pointed her finger to the small scar she had gained, it was a trio of swirls stemming out from the centre of where her dagger scar should have been. She ran her thumb over it. "It's an Eyllwe rebellion symbol." She said way too cheerful.
I sighed, if only she knew what it really meant.
"The king will kill you if you go around repeating that." I said, stepping closer to her, my hand grasping her hip, now running my thumb over the scar. It was bumpy, like it had been etched into her skin with a carving knife. She coiled her hands around my neck, playing with the strands of hair. I wanted to throw her on the bed, take her as my own.
"I'm not scared of him." She smiled. "Anyway I killed my father's killer, I can kill him too."
I raised an eyebrow at that, her own arrogance was going to get her head chopped off her shoulders. If only she knew the truth then she would shut up about it. I leant forwards, my lips rubbing over hers, they tasted of all the sugar packed fruits she had been eating since awaking. "Don't get too big headed." I chuckled at her, and kissed her. She pressed her body into mine. Her hands roaming over my torso. I gripped her hips tightly, as I guided her over to the wall, I knew my fingers would leave bruises, but I wanted everyone to know she was mine. That only I could touch her like this. I grasped her thighs, wrapping them around my waist, using the wall to support her. She was already masterfully undoing my top. I smirked, she found every opportunity to get me shirtless. Her lips left mine, starting on my jaw, the skin prickling at her touch. "I don't have long." I breathed huskly.
Her pupils gleamed with desire, mirroring my own need for her. "That's fine, you won't last long anyway." She leant into me nibbling my ear. "I'll make sure you don't."
And with that she pulled her night-gown over her head.