bestfriend?

two souls infront of each other, each one holding themselves to burst out their feelings.

"i thought i was your bestfriend?" lisa asked, with eyes pooling in tears.

"y..you are." jennie answered with her head hung low.

lisa laughed bitterly. "i am? am i really your bestfriend? then why am i the last one to know?" lisa cant help but raise her voice with the increasing pain in her chest.

jennie started to tremble as she sobbed. "because i dont want you to hate me. i cannot lose you."

"you dont want to lose me? well that's scary because you are starting to." lisa smirked and hastily wiped her tears.

tears cascaded down jennie's cheeks as she regretted not telling lisa that she will leave the country and was too afraid to tell her.

she will leave and maybe never come back again.

with jennie leaving, its not a big deal for lisa. but the thought of not seeing her again, its what destroyed her.

it destroyed her that once jennie leaves, she cannot express her long-term feelings for her bestfriend that never seemed to subside.

jennie's eyes began to flash fear. "lisa, not like this please." she tried reaching out to hold lisa's hand but lisa quickly avoided her touch.

jennie sobbed as she heard her heart breaking.

"jennie, somehow atleast you told me so i can cope with the pain when you leave." lisa dropped a single tear and jennie had her heart broken.

"lisa.." jennie trailed off.

"now answer me jennie, am i really your bestfriend?" lisa wipes a tear and looked into jennie's eyes.

jennie stared back as much. she cannot do this anymore. she knows it will lead to nothing but she needs to let lisa know.

atleast before she leaves.

jennie shook her head and held lisa's trembling hands, placing a soft kiss on the back of her hand.

"no, lisa." jennie started and smiled sadly as she heard her mom's footsteps going upstairs.
"because you are more than that. i love you, and i know it's too late but i need you to know."

lisa was left dumbfounded. jennie loves her too? she wants to be happy. but with the situation they were in, that is impossible.

jennie stood up when they heard knocking on the door.

"jennie, we need to head to the airport." her mom announced and both hearts broke at that information.

"heading downstairs mom!" jennie tried to sound normal but with her cracking voice, she failed.

she walked towards lisa and wrapped her arms around the younger tightly as she released the never ending sobs. "i love you so much lisa. and i hate myself for letting it reach this far and i did not tell you. i love you. i love you. i love you." jennie sobbed harder.

lisa sobbed but pulled back and captured jennie's lips for the first and last time. both lips never seemed to be apart but oxygen is a need.

"i love you too jennie," lisa smiled softly and kissed the older's forehead.

"it is too late, but i love you more than a bestfriend."