sunsets with you

"hey guys, would you like to come to the cliff with me? i need to clear my head before the exams." jennie asked her friends as they walked together after school.

"i'll pass, my cousins will come over."

"it's family night, i have to go home early."

"shane and i will go out later."

everyone has something to do.

jennie shrugged, "it's okay, i can go by my own. enjoy!" she waved at them and went her seperate way.

she likes to come to the cliff where she can watch the sun setting. it gives her peace of mind and it calms her whole being. it's one of her favorite things to do.

once she reached the cliff, she removed her jacket from her waist and laid it on the grass. she put her bag on the ground and fished out her phone. she grabbed her earphones to listen to some music. she sat on her jacket and waited for the sun to go down.

she was humming to the tune of her favorite song as she looked at the sky. her mind is now at ease and her heart is content.

she looked at her side and almost got a heart attack when she saw someone sitting beside her. the girl was smiling and looking at her intently.

she carefully removed the buds on her ears. "can i help you?" she asked politely.

the girl continued staring at her for a moment which made jennie kinda uncomfortable.

"can i–" jennie was cut off when the girl talked.

"i like your voice." the girl straightforwardly said. jennie was stunned, she didn't know what to say.

jennie chuckled. "why thank you. i didn't notice you earlier, do you always come here?" 

she took a breath while looking at the setting sun. "the sun looks beautiful doesn't it?" then she glanced at jennie.
the girl didn't answer jennie's question but she just shrugged it off.

"it is." jennie smiled, feeling more  comfortable with the stranger as time passes by.

"but you look even more beautiful with the sun hitting your face." the girl looked into jennie's eyes and jennie felt like flying.

"stop making me blush, i don't even know you." jennie commented. the stranger giggled and stuck her hand out.

"i'm lisa and i love sunsets." jennie shook her hand with a smile on her face.

"i'm jennie and i also love sunsets." they shook hands and jennie scooted over to give lisa room to sit on her jacket.

"can i introduce myself again, jennie? i think my introduction lacked a bit if information." lisa asked. jennie furrowed her brows and nodded.

"sure, go on." jennie smiled.

"hi jennie, i'm lisa. i love sunsets and whoever loves it too." lisa's stare at jennie sent a swarm of butterflies to jennie's stomach.

"whoa that fast?" jennie laughed and lisa smiled at her.

the sun is getting darker with each second. jennie and lisa just sat there and talked about everything like they've known each other for a long time already.

"yep." lisa suddenly said.

jennie looked at her. "what yep?"

"yep. i am in love with whoever is in love with the sunset." lisa said, sending a message.

jennie smiled warmly.

"i am in love with sunsets." she felt lisa's hand intertwining with hers.

"yes you are. and i am in love with you." lisa kissed jennie's ring finger, hitting the diamond ring.

they giggled and snuggled close to each other, watching intently as the sun goes down.

"you were really sure that you liked me right away huh?" jennie whispered with her head on lisa's shoulder.

"of course, why would i ask you to be my wife if i didn't like you the moment i saw you and heard you sing, at this exact cliff when we were young?" lisa kissed jennie's temple.

"i really liked what you told me back then." jennie said, reminiscing.

"what did i say?" lisa carressed jennie's hand.

"when you introduced yourself, and you had to do it again just for your corny line." jennie chuckled.

"but you said you liked it." lisa pouted and jennie was quick to kiss the pout off of lisa's lips.

"yes i did baby. it was cute." jennie scrunched her nose and lisa chuckled. jennie never fails to make her heart beat faster.

"i just can't believe that, the day i came to this cliff to end my life, i heard you humming to a song and your voice brought me hope. it gave me hope to live again." lisa sniffed as she becomes emotional.

"i owe you my life, jen." subtle drops of tears started coming out of lisa's eyes.

jennie smiled. "i know. and i promise to always be by your side whenever you need me. i'm always here to watch a million sunsets with you."

"i love you."

a/n
i missed you guys!!

whew that was a long-ass one shot. and in case you didn't notice and were confused, there was a transition. hehe.

i hope y'all are doing well. let's keep fighting, i love you all, thank you for the support!!! (´∩。• ᵕ •。∩')