chapter one

*picture of Mia*
~~~~
I could feel it, I was so close to cracking this thing. I just needed something more, one more clue, one more arrow pointing in the right direction, when... I found it.

I could feel the wind run through my hair as I leaned over to examine what had caught my eye. It wasn't much, in fact, it wasn't anything at all. it was just a piece of a broken beer bottle poking out of the leaves that had fallen from the trees.

Still, there was something about it that kept me from leaving it behind. I picked it up and examined the moon's reflection on it. I stood there trying to figure out why this bottle had stopped me when the hair's on the back of my neck rise. I obediently turned around to face my threat.

I already knew who it was before I finished turning around. He had the scent of cigarettes on his silk tuxedo along with the smell of freshly grown mint leaves that seemed to accompany him wherever he went.

It was intoxicating and I felt my lung wanting to close out the smell. Despite this, I threw a punch that should have hit him square in the nose but he vanished.

In the distance, I could hear the steady beat of... What? There was nothing nearby that could have been the source for it. I walked towards the sound and came across a grave. But who's? My mother's? My sisters?

I didn't find out because the beeping sound kept getting louder and more into focus before long I could hear I more clearly and it sounded like... A hospital monitor? That's when I saw it a hospital bed took the place of the Graves and there was a man lying there.

He looked the same age as me but he looked like he was only seconds away from death. I started to reach out toward him when he grabbed my hand and I jolted awake.

"MISS! PLEASE CALM DOWN!"

I opened my eyes and sat up. It looked like I was in a hospital room, but why? I wasn't hurt- OW! scratch that, I was very hurt. I could feel strong pain in my stomach. I got really light headed so I was forced to lay back down. And then did I only just notice the nurse in the room

"What happened to me?" I asked I wasn't sure if she would answer because she looked spooked but she finally said

"I don't have access to that information but I can go get your doctor." She said and walked out of the room. About 5 minutes later middle age man walked in the room.

"Hello Mia, My name is Dr. Hans." I guess he was expecting me to answer but when I didn't he pulled up a chair and said: "tell me what you want to know."

"What happened to me?"

"It's actually not as bad as it looks." He said like he thought that would cheer me up.

"It must look pretty bad then because I feel like crap." He laughed a little then said

"Your body is handling your injuries exceedingly well. You should be back to normal in a few months."

"Months!?"

"Yes, you have very many injuries, Ms. Gold."

"What happened to me?"

"We are not sure but we think we know how your injuries were inflicted on you"

"How?"

"Your stomach is bruised up badly and you have what we think is a nife wound above your left hip. Your left hand is fractured and two of your fingers are broken, and other than that just bruises and cuts from what we believe was glass."

"That's it? Wow, I must look really bad if those aren't worse than I look." I expected him to laugh again but instead, he kept his face straight and asked

"Ms. Do you know how you got these?" I thought about it but came up blank.

"No, I don't."

"Can you tell the last thing you remember?"

"You mean about my injuries?"

"If that is the last thing you remember." I tried to remember but nothing came to mind

"I don't know."

"I am terribly sorry to tell you this but I'm afraid you have amnesia."

-------------------------------------------------------------

This my first story on Wattpad and I want to know what you guys think of it? Any tips I should know?
Sorry for bad grammar please forgive me🙏 comment if you find errors, please.
Comment.😊