chapter 20

This chapter will be back to Mia's POV.

"Hello."

"Mia its James, I was wondering if you could help me with something."

"Sure what is it? Have you found any leads?"

"No but I think I found a way to get some but it requires you. Can you meet me somewhere?"

"Um... I dont have a car-"

"It's fine I can pick you up. Where are you at?"

"Uh..." I see a waitress leaving the kitchen. "Excuse me can you tell me the address of this place?"

"Oh sure it's ***** **** ***"

"Thankyou so much." I put the phone back up to my ear. "The address is ***** **** ***"

"Alright I'm on my way."

"Oh and detective Woods, I might be a little over dressed." I say and he hangs up.

Alright, I can't just leave without telling Rose or Adrian but I also can't tell them I'm going to go work with a detective on my case.

I decide to go find adrian. I see him in a crowd of people with thats se easy going smile on his face I pull him aside again.

"Hey, I need to ask you a favor. Im leaving can you tell Rose that you'll take me home and not mention this to her." His expression falls firther with each word I say.

"I can't do that. I don't know where your going and what your getting yourself into."

"If you do this... I'll won't ask you about Zack anymore."

"Wha-"

"I know you lied. He also knows me but wont tell me and ill keep asking about it if you don't do this. I'll be back before 12 tonight." I didn't know if that would be true but I had to reassure him with something.

"Fine but you better not be late and if I find a single scratch on you I'll tell Rose everything."

"Thanks I owe you adrian." I say and hug him.

"Yes you do."

I hurry outside and almost like clockwork james pulls up in front of me.

"Party?" He asks cocking his eyebrow

"Something like that." I close my door and we start driving. "So what are you planning? I honestly didn't think you'd call me when I gave you my number."

"I wasn't going to but I was thinking about tthe case and no one knows anything... except you. But the problem is you don't remember. So I figured the only thing I can do is help you remember."

"Detective Woods, I have amnesia. I don't think I can just remember."

"I ran into that also but I researched your condition and it says you can gain your memories back."

"It is a very rare chance of that happening."

"Tell me Mia, Have you remembered anything from before you got amnesia?"

"Yes but it was just something small and I wasnt trying I barley noticed that I remembered."

"But it is possible, and have you ever tried to regain a memory?" I thought about it.

"No."

"Well that's what I want to try tonight." He says with his eyes fixed on the road and I notice we're not going to the police station.

"Detective, where are we going?"

"To the Twin River Casino Hotel."

"May I ask why?"