chapter twelve

I was outside in the snow at 1 in the morning. I thought back to what Rose told me.

"Adrian brought me to the hospital after my accident?"

"That's what I was told."

I didn't even mind the fact my case was all over the internet. Now I had more opinions on what happened.

Adrian. Saved my life.

I tried to be mad at him for not saying anything but I realized he didn't do anything wrong. He told me he knew me and he was going to tell me more tomorrow. He didn't lie to me. He didn't.

I kept repeating that to myself. I couldn't hate him. I owed him for saving me. I told myself I would talk to him about it tomorrow but I couldn't sleep. I felt uneasy about it all through and had to get out of the house.

I was still in my pajamas and just put on ugg boots and my coat. It wasn't like anyone would be out this late. I walked for what seemed like an hour before I started to shiver badly and decided to get back home.

I now had snow all over me so I stripped off my pajamas and slid under the covers. Tomorrow was going to be ruff.

The next morning I walked out into the kitchen and Rose would barely look at me.

"Rose it's fine, really. I don't even mind. And it wasn't your fault."

She still wouldn't talk to me so I had to reveal my secret, which wasn't even a secret
"By the way, I'm going to go hang out with Adrian today around lunch time."

"Why?" She seemed a little bothered by this but she tried not to let it show

"Me and him talked at the Café before  and he told me all of it." Which wasn't entirely true

"So you're hanging out with him now?"

"Yah he said we were friends and I wanted to try hanging out with him." That wasn't true either but I figured it was close enough.

"Why didn't he tell us?"

"I don't know, he didn't say." It was disturbing how easily I could lie to her, it didn't seem harmful though so I ignored it

"Well, he's an idiot."

"That's exactly what I said."

She continued to fry her eggs in silence and I decided I got enough out of her for now.

"Mia?" Rose said breaking the silence

"Yah."

"I don't think you should go out with Adrian."

"Oh, I know. we are just hanging out, as friends."

"No I mean I don't think you should even talk to him. He's bad news, Mia."

I had to remind myself to keep my cool because she was very fragile right now and could snap at any given moment.

"Why not? You seemed fine with him before."

"That was before I found out he's been lying to both of us for the last month."

"He hasn't been lying to us, he's just held back the truth."

"Why are you defending him, Mia?"

I didn't know the answer to that and I wondered, why was I. He did lie to us both despite what I said before.

"We don't know his side of the story yet, so I'm not going to judge until we do."

"What on Earth could justify what he's doing?!" She snapped and was mad now. "He works with me! He asked me about you almost every day and he couldn't mention the fact that he knew you!"

"He said him and ice needed to let me heal so they didn't tell me." I had no idea what I was doing. It was just... instinct.

"That's bull crap! How do you not see this? There is a red flag everywhere you turn yet you still feel the need to go out on a play date with him."

"Fine if it bothers you that much I won't go. Happy?" I tried not to but it came out sour.

"Mia don't act like this."

"I'm sorry, your right. I'll tell him I can't go." She seemed pleased with this and I welcomed the silence back in the room.

"I'll be back around 6. Do you want to see a movie tonight?" Rose asked before she walked out.

"Yah that sounds great."

She smiled and walked out the door. I listened to the garage open. Once I made sure she left I went into my room to get ready for my day with Adrian

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm soooooo sorry it's so short but it sucked too bad to make it any longer. Sorry, I haven't updated in a while I'm just not feeling it right now....I'll definitely makes it better so keep reading.

Please share, vote, and

Comment 😊