chapter ten

I tried to get in sister time with Rose but she always seemed so tired or not in the mood so I decided to wait for a little bit.

Adrian came in with Ice every morning. He didn't try to talk to me at all... Until today

Lucy and Lorin left a little while ago and left closing the Café up to me, which I took as a new kind of trust.

I already cleaned up the place so I sat up to the counter drawing on a napkin, which I found out I was pretty good at. I heard the door open and I looked to see who it was. And, of course, it was no other than Adrian Foster and he was covered in snow.

"Sorry I know you guys are closing soon but could I get a cup of coffee?"

"Yah no problem," I say going behind the counter to get it. Does he have to choose now to come? When I'm the only one here.

He did it on purpose. I scold myself for thinking such a stupid thing.

"Here you go."

"Thanks, is it alright if I drink it in here?"

I really didn't want him to but it's not like I can have him go back out into that weather and he knows it. He was getting me into this situation on purpose, and he was playing all the right cards.

"Go ahead." He sits at one of the tables and Pat's the seat next to him.

"Sit with me?"

"No thanks, I've got to clean up."

"Common please?" He said giving me a puppy dog face. But when I didn't do anything he sighed "Are you really just going to stand there and watch me eat?"

"Yah got a problem with it?"

"Please?"

He was just going to keep on doing this. I thought about it. It couldn't hurt and it would get him out of here faster.

"Fine." I don't sit next to him though, instead, I sit across the table. "But you have to answer something."

"Ok ask away."

"Why do you keep pretending you don't know me?" I held my breath, but instead of him reacting badly he caught me completely by surprise.

"Finally! Yes!

"W-what?"

"It took you long enough. When did you find out?"

"You never answered my question."

"Oh right, because Ice wouldn't let me. She went on about the whole, you need to heal and you would be stressed out and other stuff, which I thought was stupid because it really makes no sense."

"No, what makes no sense is why in the world didn't you guys tell me?"

He just shrugged.

"You and Ice are both retards No wonder you guys are together."

He nearly choked on his drink

"Ew gross... You made me imagine it." He put on a disgusted look "You got it wrong. Me and Ice aren't... You know."

"But you said you guys were partners!" I said embarrassed

"No, I meant the literal term partner."

"Well, you could have mentioned that earlier!"

"Sorry I didn't know you thought like that."

"You're so dumb, and I'm kicking you out so I can leave. So go throw your stuff away."