chapter nine

*picture of Ice Soren.*
~~~~~~
It was closing time. Lorin left a while ago and now Lucy and I were just talking.

"Man this job tires you out fast," I said massaging my wrist

"Yah it does. But hey I've been meaning to ask you, what happened to your old job. Did they fire you?"

Ok I needed to tell her the truth

"I don't remember."

"What?" She looked lost so I kept going

"I was diagnosed with amnesia 3 months ago." Shock crossed her face.

"I-uh-" she struggled to say

"I was wondering if you could tell me anything about myself."

"Yah ..just ....give me a second." This was a lot harder than I thought it would be. We sat there for a second before she finally asked: "so you don't remember anything?" I shook my head sadly "You don't remember me or Adrian or Lorin?" It was my turn to be surprised.

"I knew Adrian?"

"Um..yah."

That sneaky jerk. He knows he knew me the whole time. He knew my name. He knew Rose was my sister and somehow he knew I have amnesia.

"I just thought you two were still fighting from before and that was why you two weren't talking. I never would have imagined..."

"Was me and Adrian......together?"

"Oh no! You two didn't even like each other or.. you guys were friends but..." She said trying to look for the right words but gave up "I never understood what you and Adrian were. But definitely not dating."

"Ok. What about me and you?"

"I never knew you. You just came here a lot, but.." she looked like she debating whether to tell me or not.

"What is it?"

"There was this one time...but it was a long time ago."

"Can you say?" She thought about it then sighed.

"It was about six months ago. I was walking home alone after work. I thought it would be fine because I don't live far. Someone started following me. He trapped me in an Ally. And that's when you showed up. Ha, you weren't even scared. I dont remember exactly what you said to him but it got his attention."

"He asked for your name. All you said "Gold" and He left. He wasn't scared either, he just acted like that was the rational thing to do."

"Is that why Lorin is scared of me?" I said somewhat amused.

"You heard that!"

Oops

"Yeah, I don't mind though, she has every right to be. I mean I sounded kinda weird, I would be scared of me too."

"That's the thing though, you were always really nice to everyone. You had a reputation here at the district for the cool one everyone liked."

I don't know why but I find that funny. So I laugh. It was one of those whole-hearted ones I haven't heard in a long time.

"What's so funny?" She asks me

"The funny thing is is I don't even know." And we both start laughing

"Well I have to get home my sister is probably wondering where I am."

"Your sisters in town?"

"She is living with me now."

"Oh," she mouths "well see ya later Mia."