Your Best

Jughead POV
"Standin' on the edge on a way down
Watchin' the seasons as they turn around
I've been afraid to make a change
'Cause there's no writing on the next page"

Years and years; I have waited for the girl, my beautiful blond childhood best friend, Betty Cooper.  After the homecoming dance and Cheryl's terrible after party,  I knew that Betty was heart broken.  We haven't talked in a while though,  I knew she needed space ..  When Archie came to me.  I wanted to chew him a new one.  I decided I had two choices.  Do just that or not.  I chose the ladder.  I told him to talk to her.  Their relationship crumbled some more but after some space then stayed friends. 

"The only way out is through bravery
In the darkness you will find the truth
It's been inside you this whole time
It's not about crossing the finish line"

Then Betty asked for my help with the Blue & Gold,  more specifically Jason's murder investigation and finding Polly.  I knew I had to help.  If I didn't I couldn't bare to see her hurt anymore.  It gave me an excuse to be around her more.  I decided that I would let her realize that she liked me.  I wasn't going to force her or push her right now.  She was vulnerable.  Then one day,  I said,  screw it.  I knocked on her window,  I could see her visibly shook.  I didn't mean to,  but I kissed her.  Then to my surprise,  she actually liked it.  I finally won the girl.