FP's Daylight.

Young FP POV:

Young FP POV:

"Daylight, woah daylight
Daylight, is coming again
Whiskey, woah whiskey
Whiskey, my only friend "

It's true I held this facade for to long. My father no matter how many galent attempts I tried, wanted me to be his serpent prince. He wanted me to be him. I had goals and ambitions, and my father beat them out of me. I remember the final straw that broke the camels back
I walked in from bulldog practice, and my father was already three sheets to the wind, he yelled, "come here boy! " I scoffed and tried walking away from him. He launched off of the couch, and basically tackled me. I was a smart ass. I said, "well at least I know where my football skills come from. ".. He didn't like that very much. He grabbed my arm, twisting it until I said I was sorry. I went to spit in his face, and he smacked me and finally snapped my arm in two. I was left to tend to myself. He went to the Wyrm.

"I'm on the porch like a slummy Ralph Lauren model
Flannel shirt like a lumberjack choppin' a log-o
Pistol next to the ashtray, no bow and arrow"

There it was. Now I walk in the house and trade my bulldog jacket for a serpent one. I told myself I could do both but that was impossible. So I gave football up, all my dreams up to save myself, you could say. At least that is what I told myself.

"And just like the howlin' wolf
A couple sips down and it's nothin' but blues
Alcohol and rain, now that's what grown men do
You keep it one hundred, I keep a hundred proof
'Cause when the raindrops fallin' on that old tin roof
I pour myself a glass of liquor and I get the blues
To get down, to get down I get loaded down
To get down I get loaded
Call me what you want but don't call past two
Unless you got some liquor to contribute
To get down, to get down I get loaded down
To get down I get loaded"

This was now my life it's what I thought it would never be. But just like the song, the howlin' wolf, or maybe in my case, the charming snake won the game. I never once thought about the consequences to these actions. I lost my football career, scholarships, a chance to excel in school, the girl of my dreams. Everything. I don't want to be misunderstood, I may have moved on with Gladys and had my kids.. I don't regret those choices, I don't regret my kids. Although, they like to think that. They hate me. I hate myself. I hated myself for being the drunk. I hated myself for being my father. It wasn't until I saw the chance to turn my life around. Although, it was risky. But the only valuable lesson my father taught me was that you can't be rewarded without a little risk. So, I took Cliff Blossom up on his deal, on top of wanting to prove myself eventually, I knew that Jughead won't end up like Jason. It was a good thing that Alice's daughter is like her. Because without her, Jughead would have never seen the truth. I did everything to protect him.. The little Cooper girl saved me. But once in jail, my son tells me he joined the serpents. I wanted to die. I can't let history keep repeating itself. Then again, is Jughead different? Could his run with this life be different than mine? I mean he was able to be in the serpents, keep the girl, and maybe after a while, it will stay that way. All I can do now is stay hopeful. Like I have been my entire life.