Springsteen

Betty was walking around the small town of Riverdale. She had moved away after high school..  There was only one person she wished she could have brought with or stayed for,  Jughead Jones.  Her high school boyfriend.. As she was walking around the streets,  and came across the playground and park that him and her used to frequent.  The nostalgia hit her,  and suddenly she heard the fimiular voice,  Jughead. "Betty?" When he whispered her name there was still a spark. " Is that you? ".. He questions like it can't be possible.  She quickly spun around in her black flats and greeted him,  " Of course it is,  Juggie.  "..even for Betty,  whispering  his name the slightest sent chills down her spine.  Jughead decided to embrace her in a hug,  she returned it and said,  " Bet you can't swing higher than me anymore. "..  " You're on,  Cooper." She giggles running off towards the playground,  her blonde ponytail flinging around in the sunlight.  As their swinging,  he gulps loudly,  and Betty notices,  curiosity still being one of her problems she couldn't help but ask,  "what's wrong?  To weird being back here?.. " She adds "it's like we're seventeen again. " He nods.  "Oh,  Juggie.  I have never forgotten you,  I never could and probably never will... I see you still have that old dodge? " Betty pauses because suddenly staring at the green pick up brought up so many memories;  the homecoming dance,  and the trips into the forest,  or the beach,  just laying in the bed of that truck staring at stars. Suddenly,  Jughead jumps off of the swing and pulls out his phone..  Betty looks puzzled but watches him.  He goes into his music and plays "breathless" The song that they have determined was their song back in the day.  He reaches for her hand and says,  "care to dance? " She couldn't help it,  they start dancing right in the middle of the playground and all Betty can think is thank god no children are here.  "So,  did you ever think of me? "..  He asks her mid twirl,  " Of course.  All of the time.  I wish that I never had to go,  I can say one thing,  I never did move on. " Jughead gains a large smile and says,  "same here.  I couldn't pull myself to do it. "
That afternoon in the park the two spent some time catching up and reminiscing on their teenage years they may not been so far behind them but it didn't matter to them.