(23) he is getting his ass kicked by a baby

Bellamy's POV

Currently, we were stood among the wreckage of the Exodus ship. Scrap metal and burnt skeletons surrounded us and it was an eerie atmosphere. I looked over to Kennedy, who was shuffling around near a large pile of metal. Clarke, who was also here, was a little further away, kicking around a pipe. Raven's instructions were to look for the black box but there seemed to be no sight of it. Speaking of, Raven walked over to me. 

"Found anything yet?" she asked and I shook my head. 

She followed my gaze to Kennedy. "She shouldn't be here. Neither of them should."

"Fine but you'd have to be the one to tell them that," I told her back, knowing that it would have made it worse if we forced them to stay back. Raven didn't respond however. Instead she was squinting at Kennedy when a panicked look struck her face. 

"Kennedy, get away from that!" she shouted and ran to where she was. 

"What? What did I do?" Kennedy asked, looking worried. 

"It's rocket fuel. Hydrazine. Highly unstable in it's non solid form. If this stuff meets fire, we are all pink waste," she informed us. By now, Clarke, myself and Finn had all rushed over. Raven dipped a small rock into a hydrazine puddle. 

"Fire in the hole!" she shouted as she threw the rock over to where no one was standing. Everyone stopped and watched in amazement as the tiny amount of hydrazine on the rock caused a huge explosion. Raven then turned back to me. 

"We need to clear the area!" she said and I nodded. 

"OK then. We move in formation. No straggling. Weapons hot!" I shouted so everyone could hear me. The few people on the further area of the site came trekking back and I turned to Kennedy, looking worriedly at her. 

"I'm fine," she said with a brave face, walking forward so she was next to me. 

"Let's move out!" I shouted and we began the long walk back to camp. 

.

.

.

We finally reached camp and I breathed a little sigh of relief. However, this relief was no long lasting as Connor charged over to me. 

"Bellamy! It's Murphy! He's back!" he said breathlessly and my eyes widened. I, however, wasn't the first to react. 

"Where is he?" Kennedy piped up.

"In the dropship," Connor asked her and she nodded, walking angrily towards the dropship. 

"Kennedy?" I said warily, walking quickly behind her. 

"MURPHY!" she barked, storming into the dropship. Murphy, who looked like shit, was curled up in the corner. Despite his messed up face, his tongue had not changed. 

"Well hi baby, fancy seeing you here," he said, standing up. She punched him square in the jaw, sending him straight back down to the floor. 

"Ow. Stop!" he exclaimed, trying to crawl away but Kennedy kicked his ass so he was lying flat on his face again. By now, Clarke, Finn, Octavia, Jasper, Monty and Raven had reached us. 

"Bellamy, stop her!" Clarke told me, looking worriedly at Kennedy and Murphy. 

"No, no. It's fine. Leave her," I told them, smiling proudly as I watched her. I watched on as she kicked him and beat him but finally I walked towards them and pulled Kennedy away. 

"He claims he was with the Grounders," Drew told us. "We caught him trying to sneak back into camp."

"I wasn't sneaking. I was running from the Grounders," he said, in a hushed tone.

"Did anyone see Grounders?" I asked and both Drew and Connor shook their heads. 

"Well in that case," I said and let go of Kennedy. She smirked and grabbed her knife from her shorts. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Finn shouted, getting in front of Kennedy. 

"We were clear what would happen if he came back," I shouted.

"No, if he was with the Grounders then he knows things that can help us," Finn exclaimed. Ever the peace maker. 

"Help us? Have you met Murphy? We hanged him, we banished him and now I'm going to kill him," Kennedy interjected. "Get the hell out of my way!"

"No, Finn's right," Clarke said and I rolled my eyes. 

"Like hell he is!" I exclaimed angrily as she walked right up to Murphy. "Clarke, think about Charlotte." I watched Kennedy as I said this and her eyes saddened slightly but then only got darker. She was angry and she had a right to be. 

"I am thinking about Charlotte!" Clarke argued back. "But what happened to Charlotte was as much our fault as it was his." She was now squatted down next to Murphy, checking him. "He's not lying. His fingernails were torn off. They tortured him."

"No, I'm going to torture him," Kennedy shouted, pointing the knife at Murphy. 

"You two and the Grounders should compare notes," Finn remarked. 

"The Grounders know we're at war," I told Finn, trying to justify our behaviour but nothing was good enough for Golden Boy. I then turned back to Murphy. "What did you tell them about us?"

Murphy looked away from me and to  Clarke, who had completely fallen for him. "Everything."

We all looked at each other, shifting uneasily. Kennedy lowered the knife, trying to work out what this meant. Clarke stood up, barging past Kennedy to get to me. 

"Once we find out what he knows and he gets better, he's out of here, OK?" she said, walking towards the door of the dropship. 

"What if he refuses to leave?" I shouted after her, causing everyone to turn to face Clarke. 

"Then we kill him," she said, walking out. I smirked, turning back to Murphy. 

"Watch your back Cockroach," Kennedy spat, storming out of the dropship. 

.

.

.

Kennedy's POV

For some reason, Clarke has had me on a shift to guard Murphy. He was tucked up under a blanket in the corner and Clarke had taken all my weapons and told me that if I hurt him that I'd be banished. Suddenly, Murphy sprang up and vomited blood. My eyes widened as I realised I didn't know what to do. 

"I'm going to get Clarke!" 

A/N

Thank you for 1k reads. 

Question: Favourite Quote?

Answer: My favourites are actually both Bellamy quotes. The first is "slay your demons" which , when you think about it, is actually a nice quote. I'm thinking about getting it tattoed actually!!! The other is the infamous "who we are, and who we need to be to survive are very different things".