Creep

It has been days since the dance but ever since that night he has been appearing during his free time to play the piano. In which you would respond back by singing, his eyes would always scan the place searching for you.

But your voice was an echo scrambling away wherever you would be. At times he knew you were moving around from the way the voice seemed close before fading. Just like at times you would keep track on what time he would appear so you could have a meal ready for him. Small notes would be left on the piano.

There is food in the kitchen

He would always fold the notes tucking them into his jeans pocket. The man had a peculiar taste in fashion. Always keeping his mask on though, it's fair enough since he has never seen your face.  

At times he would explore the library in which you kept clean since you loved reading, you were also a writer and a poet.

Because of this you would leave him some books on the piano that you thought he might enjoy.

This man, he knew nothing of you and you knew nothing of him. It was so alienating but yet so welcoming.

But with all these days you have slowly begin to feel more comfortable. The man came in earlier than usual with some piano notes as he started to play but he would struggle.

Tsking every time a wrong note was played. Listening carefully you hear him taking his time  inhaling deeply he tosses the papers to the side. Resting his fingers on the keys he slides them keeping his head down staring down at them.

The keys begin to play, his fingers moving softly but never losing their timing. Looking up he scans the pillars continuing to play.

"When you were here before.
Couldn't look you in the eye.
You're just like an angel.
Your skin makes me cry."

Looking back to the side from behind the pillar you listen to him.

"You float like a feather.
In a beautiful world.
You're so special."

Peeking out from behind a pillar wearing your mask you watch him till he feels you starring. Looking up you flinch shyly hiding back but you slowly peek back out.

"I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul." The man kept looking up to you as you remained still behind the pillar looking down at him. The feeling was so peaceful and warm.

"I want you to notice.
When I'm not around.

Whatever makes you happy.
Whatever you want."

Disappearing back behind the pillar the man searches for you. The body of someone beside him brings him in a nervous shock as he looks up meeting your mask. Standing up quickly you back away a bit scared. Keeping your hands close to your chest you watched him stand before you a good 6 feet tall. Reaching his hand out you ran behind a pillar peeking over to him.

"I mean no harm." The man says as he remains still letting you decide on leaving the back of the pillar. Hesitating you finally step to the side making your way back to him but keeping a good distance. Removing his hat the man bows. "Rob Lucci, my lady." He says keeping his head down till he finally looks up.

Holding the sides of your dress you do the same in a lady's manner. Lucci reaches out to you showing you his open palm.

"Would you care to dance with me, my lady?" Looking at his open palm and back up to his mask you settle your hand on his.

The man holds it firmly pulling you up against him roughly. Gasping you just now realized how he felt, like a stone. Feeling his arm around your waist he leads the dance keeping his focus on you as you both went in small circles.

Though he couldn't see it he could feel the smile behind your mask. Dancing all around the piano you both took half the day in being close to each other.

Cracking an egg shell you let the egg land on the frying pan. Lucci stood beside you his back up against the counter with his arms crossed to his chest. "You don't talk much." The sudden words made you feel empty, as if what he had said mattered.

The feeling of not being good enough and just wanting to please him. Flipping the egg on his plate you laid his bacon on the sides with biscuit. "I am not used to having someone so close to me this way." Lucci's head snaps to you worried that he has invaded your space.

"But I do like it." Handing him his plate Lucci accepts it.

"You like me being around?"

Lucci holds the plate but you are too afraid he might drop it from the way his grip feels on the other end. "Yes. I mostly tend to hide." Holding onto your mask looking away Lucci tilts his head to the side.