The Best

The very next day they made you do the same thing on just sitting and relaxing but you were just jumpy.

"Let me help you with that."

"Let me do the dishes."

"I can dry the sheets."

As much you attempted Lucci would just take your hand lead you back to the love seat Jabura had bought. It just felt so odd not doing anything.

All your life as a child movement was required and now have two men just do everything. Of course your church did not believe in sex roles but they attempted to make the woman far better at things.

But times have changed. "I brought you tea and a piece of cake." Jabura hands you both things as you hold them still in shocking silence. Suddenly he leans in kissing you cheek ever so sweet that your cheeks blushed uncontrollable. "We already have in mind for super but we just want to make sure it's what you would like." Jubra squats down to massage your feet and set the cake to the side and hold the cup of tea.

"Jabra." The wolfman stops smiling looking up to see your expression of wanting answers. "What's going on? Please tell me Jabra." Sipping the tea you close your eyes waiting for his response. "I am the one who decided for this. It wasn't easy but understand that Lucci and I are willing to do anything to keep you happy. But it seems that there is something more. They came yesterday and asked for us to return back to our jobs.

We denied it but they wanted your son. Lucci threatened them. Yesterday all the Warlords were present on this island. Doflamingo brought in his own men. It was between an answer or a forced action. Lucci doesn't really love your son but he knows the struggles you have gone through. So he agreed on joining back. On the conditions that the jobs were not to be too far and not a long investigation."

Swallowing down the tea you close your eyes realizing that they can call him in at any minute. "So Lucci is working with them again. My Lucci." Your heart was even heavier than before and Jabura can feel it.

Leaning in he was so close as he caressed your cheeks. "I will remain here. I've imprinted my loyalty to you and only you. It's harder for me to leave your side and I feel everything you feel. I told him about your depression and how long it has lasted. We are doing all of this to keep you relaxed. We knew this would just increase you depression." Resting his forehead against yours his jaws tighten seeing just how white you have you have become.

"I know my presence isn't enough but I will make the attempt to be as good as him and I will help you.' his hand close on yours kissing your palm. "Just tell me what you want and I'll do it. I'll do anything."

His hands closed on your cheeks as your eyes begin to shake with tears.

Lucci hates your son but he is doing this for you. At any moment he will leave and you don't know if he will ever come back.

What if they don't let him come back? What if the mission becomes to dangerous? There is not question how strong he is but if your father, feared by the swordsman Mihawk was taken down. Lucci as well can fall down and probably never return. What of you? Will your children suffer the same past you had gone through?

Jabra feels everything you are going through right now. He hates it all. The fea.

The panic.

The doubt.

Everything just washing into him.

"Listen to me. Listen to me." He shakes you slightly and you look up but your mind is still falling into tragic thoughts.

Who knows for how long Lucci might be gone. Jabura is a great man but it's just better in your mind to have the kids being raised by their father. Especially your son who's looked up to Lucci during training. And your daughter who seems to only reach for her father when he is around.

Jabura leans in gently kissing your lips with all he can offer to make it as perfect as Lucci. Jabra has always seen the way Lucci kisses you and he will make the greatest attempt to love you as much as he does. Gasping for a bit you pull away and cover your lips.

"Oh Jabra." You screech so low his name came out with your tears. Quickly you force yourself up to leave covering your face. The sword of your father that rested by the door sensed your overwhelming emotions and it seemed just as your father's hand had reached out to catch you but missed.

Running outside the church covering your face you payed no such attention as you were headed toward Lucci who had logs in his arms. Lucci looked beside the logs seeing you heading toward him. In instinct he dropped the logs to the side to open his arms and capture you.

The sudden hard bump made you look up to see Lucci's broken expression of knowing that Jabura had told you the truth.

"Lucci my Lucci. Please don't leave I need you more than ever. Please Lucci." Lucci embraced you close his hands sliding through your hair. There is no doubt in the world that the both of you love each other. Lucci has worked his way to be yours be by your side. You have lied and betrayed to be by his side. "When I do leave." You force your tears to relax so you can bear him speak.

"I want you to be strong for our children. I don't know how long they will keep me away but that shouldn't keep you waiting. Be strong for them I want them to look up at us and see they have the same bloodline of strong willed parents. Your heart is pure and it belongs to me just as mine belongs to you."  Lucci lift you up into his arms taking you inside the church as you cry on his chest.

"Lucci please just come back. Promise me nothing will happen to you promise me." Lucci smiles and you look up to him sniffing. "You really see me defenseless?" Sniffing a bit your tears stop as he sits in the loveseat with you in his arms.

"Just have faith in me. That's all I ask from you." Playing with hands you keep sniffing and shake your head like a little child.

Lucci leans I'm closer with such a light humor he says. "Also don't cheat on me with the dog." The both of you chuckle slightly. "And don't cheat on me with the soap woman."

Lucci's rolls his eyes. "No. I love you more than our kids to be honest." Gasping you slap him across the face but not to hard, it hurt his feelings though.

"I worked hard for those kids and you will love them!" Lucci rolls his eyes as his hand pinched your waist softly getting ready for the Pandora box he has opened. "Lucci! Don't test me boy!" Pinching his ear pulling on it he makes a painful expression but holds it back. "I don't have to if I don't want to."

Now he's acting like a child.

"Lucci! Understand how precious they are! And their lives come before mine!"

Lucci growls looking over to you. "Your life will always be before them." Shaking your head you fight back the tears. "Damn it Lucci tell me you love them." Lucci's lip twitches as he looks away. "I would kill them if I wanted to. The boy I can send to the government and the girl." The baby girl came out to be nothing he expected her to be. "I just can't believe you Lucci."

Struggling to leave his side Lucci reduced to let you go. "My point being!" He growls out and you listen. "I am willing to choose you before anything else. But I'm doing this to keep my family and your village safe. Now that your so called friends seem to have abandon you. Now you have no connections with them. Besides, the quick money can help us find a better home and move out of this island. Wouldn't you like that?" Lucci caresses your cheek.

"Leave all of this behind just us. We can disappear."

It is not wrong to think of it that way. It would be much better if you all did just leave this island, leave all this. Start a real family with no more problems. Can it be that simple?