Together: New Home

There seemed to be another larger monster, similar to the prince humming to himself trying to get the flowers to grow in the garden. Asriel prepared a sneak attack hugged the gardener. "Rawr!!!"

"Oh! Haha... Howdy, Azzy. Back so soon? Tori... is something wrong? You normally don't come back for... another month. I was expecting a letter, not the real you." Asgore laughed lightly, standing up.

Chara poked her head out from behind the motherly monster to look at the King. Asgore went wide-eyed, a small little glimmer of... hope and anger in his eyes.

"Well... She fell... and was hurt,  she needed help and we did."

".....well.... well, Fallen Child... What is your name...?" He smiled slightly.

"C-Car..... Chara... I'm Chara..." She stepped a little farther out from behind the Queen, now in full view.

He smiled again. "Well... Judging by the situation... I suppose we shall need to arrange a bed for you then."

"You're really going to allow that... For me to stay..?" A shocked look appeared on her face.

"Well, what kind of King would I be if I didn't open up my home to one in need? You may be a human... but you are a child. I... If you are in close contact with monsters, I... I hope that you shall come to know us, and not be violent towards monsters..."

"I never would want to hurt anyone!!! I-I'll do anything to earn your trust your highness!" she bows.

"Now now... No need to bow. You shall be raised as one of our own, Chara."

"One of... Your own..?" she stood up, "like... Your child...?"

Asriel's eyes lit up as Asgore continued, "Of course... You need guardians for a time still.”

Chara's eyes had begun to water and she smiled. Asriel opened his arms wide and had an expectant smile. "Thank you… T-Thank you.... So much...." Chara hugged Asriel and then Asgore.

Asriel hugged her tight, holding her close, while Asgore hugged her somewhat loosely. Toriel came in and hugged her whole family. Asriel smiled, and synchronizing heartbeats could be heard.

Six months later...

Chara was laying down in the garden with Asriel looking up at the ceiling.. "Hey Azzy? If you had the power to do anything.... What would you do?" she reached her hand towards the ceiling as if she was reaching for something more.

"The power to do anything...? Probably.... Hmm.... I...I'd make a new planet, just for Monsters, away from any humans... And I'd make you a monster too, so you'd fit in with everyone!" He smiled.

"ę̵̵r͏́a͟d̶҉i̕͡c̛͘a̶͡t͞͡e͏̨͠ ͢a͞͝l̶͘l ̢͞҉h̨ųm҉a͝n̡s͞" Her breath was quiet and barely audible.

He blinked, looking at her. "....C-Chara... b-but... you're a human too..

"A-And... I know what they're capable of..." She sat up.

"...That's... That's why I want... I want you to be a monster like me... A fluffy goat monster..."

"But how would you be my pillow if I was just as soft..?" She said sarcastically.

"...I... I'd get fluffier with magic! I have the advantage here!"

She groaned "I guess…” she thought for a second, “Azzy... If we do get to the surface... You have to promise me something..."

"Yes, Chara...?" He tilted his head.