Together: The Possessed

Chara’s eyes blinked open as Chael looked around the room with a large smile. Gaster seemed... impressed, almost. Asriel seemed scared, angry, confused, and relieved at the same time.

"Nngh...What happened...?"

"I did it, Mom!" He hugged her tight.

"Did... you...? Really..?" He called out her SOUL again, beaming. "Wow... Amazing..."

Sans appeared, bleeding from his hand. He didn't seem in pain, just... hurt his pride.

"S-Sans?!" Chara looked at the Skelechild worried. "What happened?!"

"Got careless... ...Kid jumped in front of me and took a bullet... He looked me in the eyes and said thank you for letting him die..." His voice sounded different... Angrier and more mature.

"What are you talking about..?" Chara was confused.

"Did something happen outside..?" Frisk looked worried.

"When I grabbed that guy's file, some Captain Heart guy... Blasted through the file... Got my arm after that kid fused his SOUL with mine..."

"When did this happen...?"

"...Ten minutes ago... I just leveled the place, warping everyone out of it."

"Why would you do something so reckless by yourself!?"

"...Because I can." Sans looked like he had the intent to rush for Chara, when Chael and Asriel pinned him to the wall, side by side.

"Oh hell no. Sans, spit that SOUL out NOW. You're not a boss monster, and it's messing with you."

Chara looked at Gaster for some sort of help... "Sans..."

"...HE'S BEING HIJACKED..."

"Whose soul did he absorb..." Chara stood up and Frisk ran behind her.

"...THAT KID WHO JUMPED IN FRONT OF HIM... SOME FORM OF MAGICIAN."

"Sans... I order you. Release the soul this instant."

He pushed Chael and Asriel back, lunging for Chara again. Time seemed to slow down.

She summoned a barrier between her and him before forging a knife from her magic. "I don't wanna hurt you Sansy..."

Asriel's eyes lit up! "C-Chara, you're back in Fighting Form!"

"Wake up Sans!! You fought next to me just a few hours ago!" she looked at the skeleton before her.

Asriel jumped on the Skeleton's back, holding Sans in a crushing grip as his fur began to glow black. One of Asriel's paws was to Sans's forehead, the other, clutching the skeleton's ribs. "Hey, get off me!"

"Not on your life or mine!"

"I don't think Sans has control..." she starts to explain... "He's been taken over... Possessed…

"...That's why I'm taking this elsewhere." "Sans" and Azzy started to fade out, a knowing smile on Azzy's face.

"Stay alive damn it..." He reached out to her as their bodies flaked away, the pieces going skywards, through the roof. Chara frowned... "Please..."

"Chara..." His face, as well as Sans's disappeared, his hand still stretched out, his fingers separated. She reached out to him grabbing his hand. When his hand flaked away, hers did as well, dragging her along with him.

"Stay safe and on guard! Got it!?" She looked at her children before completely disappearing. Chael nodded, sniffling a bit.

"I SHALL TAKE CARE OF THEM, ALONGSIDE ALPHYS UNTIL YOU RETURN."

"Thank you" were the last words she was able to get out.