Together: The Green Healer

Asriel was holding a... probably four year old Chael. "U-Um... honey..."

"..." She was shocked... She blinked multiple times... "How..."

"O-okay, Sans had this... hypothesis that giving Chael human SOULs to increase his likelihood of being that trait may have the side effect of advancing his growth until he can handle the SOUL power... and... um... h-he was right..."

" So... Fast..." he looked at her son..

"...S...sorry..." Asriel braced himself for another bout of yelling. She took her son from Asriel and stood him on the floor. Chael was standing, hugging Chara, his head level with her mid-thigh.

"Hi sweetie..."

"Hi, Mama! How is you today?"

"I... I'm okay..."

"I luv you mama!"

"I love you too sweetie... You're growing up too fast..." she smiled.

"Don't worry, mama... I can feel the soul thingies... I might grow more, but... I'll still be a kid!"

She laughed a little He closed his eyes, holding his chest.

"...are you okay..?"

"...g-grow..." His fur gave off a faint glow.

Chara watched the child. He seemed to slowly grow taller, the garments he was wearing changing shape with him, also enveloped in the same glow. She smiled sadly as he now seemed Frisk's age.

"Okay... Okay..." She had to take a deep breath

"Mama... i-it's okay... I...I should be done growing now."

"I-I hope so..."

"The SOULS say so, and I believe them..."

"Alright..." She hugged him and he hugged her back.

"I love you Chael..."

Asriel joined in the hug. Chara didn’t react to it.

"..." Asriel stayed silent as she broke away from the hug. He let her go.

"Lets go..."

"Go where, Mommy?"

"...Go where, Chara?"

"In the living room... Where everyone else is..."

"Oh, yeah... haha..."

She left the room.

Asriel picked up Chael, grunting slightly with the effort. "Jeez, you're heavy now, bud!"

Chara sat in the chair once more as Chael sat in Asriel's lap.

Chara sighs...  amd holds her head

"You good, Mama?"

"I'm fine sweetie..."

Chael goes over, trying to climb into her lap. She picked him up helping him and he hugged her.

"I'm fine... really..." She pets him...

"Stop lying Chara..." Frisk interrupted

Chael looked at Frisk, his green and red eyes sparkling at her. Chara looked at Frisk. and looked away.

"Mama, why is she sayin' that you're lying...?"

She puts him down in front of her. He looked at her, eyes inquizitive. She showed her soul again. Slightly less cracked... seemed like it was healing, very slowly. That, or the shield. She showed it to Chael. Chael leaned up, kissing it. She could feel almost paralyzed by the sudden touch of her SOUL, but the gesture was nice.

"Heh..." She looked at him sadly. He hugged her again, as best he can. "Thank you sweetie..."

"You're welcome, Mama!"

She looked at her cracked soul once more before returning it to herself.

Chael closed his eyes... "Can I try to heal you, Mama...?"

"Don't waste your magic on me sweetie..." She shook her head.

"It's not wasting, Mama!" Chael looked upset.

"I don't want you to tire yourself out okay..."

"Mama, I'm a child, I've got energy to spare." He smiled.

"Please don't..." He frowned, crossing his arms. "I'm sorry sweetie... I just..."

"...I want to."

"It wont work." Chara insisted.

"...Mom." His voice was much sterner now, his eyes red. "...I have your DETERMINATION, you're not gonna stop me from trying."

"..." She can't seem to argue… Chael called out her SOUL again. She doesn't stop him... The color was duller. He gently cupped her SOUL in his hands, and everything else seemed to dim around them. Asriel seemed to call out to them, but his voice was lost. Chara looked around her, it was like she was in a spotlight in an infinite darkness.

"What are you doing...?" She looked around again.

"...I need to be in complete concentration for this, so I blocked off the outside world for a little bit... and if you feel too much stimuli, it won't work... so... I-I'll have to put you under, okay?" He placed his paw on her mouth. She didn't struggle it felt like she was inhaling sleep itself. She fell asleep without fighting. He cupped her SOUL, trying to repair it. Smaller cracks were fixed but the bigger one didn't budge. He focused his energy, his magic becoming a darker green but it almost seemed to be fighting against being healed. He focused all his energy in the middle of the scar, growling but there's a darker energy embedded in the scar. He frowned... "I'm stacking all my SOULS on this...!" He tried to pull the dark energy out and enlarge it, to fight it. Pain grows on his mother’s face. He gripped the energy pulling on it from Chara's SOUL like a sword from a pedestal. "C-Come.... on...!"

The dark energy Fought really hard against the child He growled, his body growing again, muscles rippling. "Damn it, come on!"

It let go of the soul. He fell off of Chara's SOUL, holding the dark energy. It was the darkest shade of black possible. He gripped it tight, trying to mold it into something he could control. It seemed to shrivel up like a dead spider. He blinked, gently holding out his SOUL… The thing didn't react and it turned to dust… He sighed happily, closing his eyes and smiling… He opened his eyes, looking over at Chara's SOUL now. There was a scar but it wasn't as dark as before… He tried to heal it up after resting for a few moments and it healed almost completely.  He grinned, the world fading back in. Chael was now... around twelve.