Repayment

When I awoke, sweat dripped down my brow, the distant memory of a nightmare still lingering in my mind. Before I lugged myself out of bed and down onto the ground floor, I changed into a fresh set of clothes. An open, boat-collar green shirt and comfortable black cargo pants. I needed to be sparing with the clothes that my Mom had packed. I stretched and pushed the door open.

I began a stroll. I made my way to the beach and sat under the same willow tree that Alex's outdated headstone stood. I yawned and lay down watching the branches of the tree sway gently in the morning breeze. I sighed and closed my eyes.

I saw fiery scapes stretching far. Tormented screams rang in my ears. I moved deeper into that hellish scape. I came face to face with a massive castle. As soon as I entered, I heard the melodic tune of a song. I headed towards it. As I drew closer, the tune became clearer. I didn't recognize it. I peeked into a partially opened door at the end of a tall, long hallway.

A familiar woman sat on a small stool in front of a gorgeous grand piano, shining like the sun with a crimson hue. The woman moved her fingers steadily, rhythmically tapping and playing the, hypnotic music. Her back was turned towards me. I crept further into the room. The woman played passionately and loudly as I crept closer. The sudden clash of unmatched keys scared me. The shock caused me to morph into my 'true' form. I pressed my lips together and froze. I was in an awkward position and the formally dressed woman turned to look at me. I toppled over and crashed into several different smaller instruments which had been neatly aligned on a rack. I squeezed my eyes shut as I heard the sound of a flute gently rolling along the marble floor and kept my lips pressed together.

Suddenly I was thrown against the back wall, her hand locked around my throat. She squeezed harder and more panick built up inside me. She laughed a haunting and familiar cackle. I can't breathe! I can't breathe!

I gasped and shot up. I stared over the ocean as the waves gently rolled onto shore. The sun shone onto the top of the tree, casting rays of sunlight to the ground. I couldn't get the woman's laugh out of my head.

I stood up and lugged myself towards the ladder. Maybe if I got a bit more active I would get that off my mind. When I slid into the floor below, I noticed Anthony in Kaylum's tight embrace. He had his face buried in his chest.

"Anthony?" I asked softly. A quiet mumble headed my way.

"He'll be fine..." Kaylum whispered and planted a soft kiss onto his blonde head. I gently stroked his head and made my way outside. I began to worry about him but I figured that Kaylum would have it under control.

Suddenly a sharp, short pain made it's way through my chest. This time it went on for longer than ususal. I felt my heart sink.

"You! You malignant mortal forgery! I'll execute you for what you've put my family through!" I heard a loud, agressive yell. Drevel caught my eye as he shot through the air, Selvan's throat grasped in his clutches as he shot through the air and into the ground. I ran through the forest towards the scene to find Drevel sinking heavy punch after heavy punch into Selvan's jaw. Blood stained the ground and Drevel's eyes glowed so brightly that the red glow poured onto Selvan's already crimson and blue face.

"This is my Repayment for that horrible trap you inprisoned my Father in, you insolent, arrogant, pig sucker!" He yelled, his voice raw.

The hatred in his face froze me in place. Once the punches stopped, Selvan stared at me, begging for help with his eyes. Drevel's arm streched back as if he was nocking an arrow in a bow. His fingers grew long and grew together into a massive blade like structure constructed of bone. He plunged this new construction into Selvan's chest and recieved a scream. A moment later, he ripped it out and brought something with it. I screamed and he threw it aside. Selvan's heart came to a slow halt at me feet. Two screams filled the air and I stared at Selvan as his eyes rolled back into his head and disappeared. His body aged and turned to dust beneath a panting and growling Drevel, who's tears landed in Selvan's remains.

"Drev...?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. He looked up and stared, horrified.

"Alex..." he breathed, mortified, "Oh Gods, oh fuck..." He muttered and stumbled away from the dust that slowly disappeared.

"Alex... fucking Beneath.. you're not fucking real..." he mumbled, burying his face in his gloodied hands. Alex stepped forward and approached him. He sunk into himself and sobbed. Alex knelt next to him.

"Please! I know you're not real, you bitch! You died on me! You fucking left me in this damned life alone!" He pleaded througb sobs. Alex brushed a gentle hand against his cheek and revieved a gasp from him, his eyes now wide.

"Al...? Fucking Beneath... You're..." he whispered.

"Alive. Yeah, you damned knucklehead. I love you, Drevel." She told him gently and pulled him into a tight embrace.

"This is repayment for that fucked up night I got you into, isn't it?" He sobbed.

"Not a chance. That's in the past. I'm glad you're safe... you... damn idiot." She huffed, her voice cracking.

"I'm so sorry..." they whispered to each other.

My legs felt weak and my heart pounded. I fell to my knees, overwhelmed with panic and disgust. While I held myself up with my hands, i watched the dust that was once Selvan's heart slowly disappear. A sour, horrid taste forced itself up ny throat and I expelled a wretched purple slime. My vision blurred eith tears as more spilled from my mouth. I felt myself trembling and a grip on both my shoulders and the mumble of voices faded as the darkness encroached.