The Portal

I glared at her. She stepped towards us slowly and stopped in the center of the room. She grinned at me.

"Hello." she greeted, grinning gleefully. I bared my teeth at her. She started to laugh and for the first time, it didn't echo. The room brightened up and I transformed. I was starting to get the hang of this. My transformation was starting to feel like second nature to me.

"What are you planning?!"I yelled at her, ready to strike. No reply.

"I've had enough of this!" Alex scoffed and barged passed Orin, trying to shove her to the side. As she attempted to touch her, her hand phased right through her shoulder. Her body rippled and faded in and out of sight.

"What...?" Alex mumbled, confused.

"It's a distraction. Let's go!" Elliott yelled and ran towards the throne. I suppressed the horrid thought and followed Elliott to the throne. I overtook him within a few seconds. Both Alex and Michelle stepped close behind.

When we made it to the throne, I searched it. I heard the faint chirp birds come from the darkness behind the throne. I remembered what Baal had said with a shiver down my spine.

"Let's go," I growled, taking a step into the darkness.

"Wait! Are you sure you want to risk that?" Alex asked, clearly concerned.

"We need to get out of here. This might be the only way. Let's go." I commanded coldly and let myself be consumed by the darkness. It pulled me in like the hungry portal in that temple. On the other side of the threatening doorway was a mirror, or a big pane of glass. The light glistened on the sharp pieces below the golden frame. The chirping was louder in this room. Elliott was the next to step into the light from the darkness of the doorway.

"Woah." He marveled at the glowing shards on the ground. Soon after, the others entered into the gold glistening  area. I ran my hand along the crumbling pale stone wall as I walked towards the beautiful glowing shards.

When I gazed into the biggest one, I saw the forest of Skladmir and the beach peeking through the trees. It was inviting and gave me a warm feeling. It reminded me of the feeling I'd experienced after I left Nefeli... home sickness.

I sipped in a breath and gently picked up the shard. I held it towards the golden frame. It pulled the shard into it. My hand couldn't get closer to the frame. I released the shard and it took its place within the frame. I gasped and picked up another one. I let the frame pull the shard into its rightful place. Elliott headed towards the shards and tried to pick one up. He recoiled before he could touch it.

"That's really hot... I guess you are the only one who could be able to pick those up." He mumbled and smiled at me.

I let each shard sink into their rightful places, only leaving cracks and tiny pieces out of the frame. I stepped back and let out a satisfied sigh. The frame and the pane pieces started to shine brightly, emitting a bright golden light. I shielded my eyes until the light disappeared. The Mirror had been completely repaired. I saw the forest of Skladmir in the glass and spotted a flock of pheasants trotting in the underbrush and a Maratren prowling near the beach.