Strength

Anthony and Elliott dash forward, followed closely by me as we rush to Kaylum's aid. He glances at us with a growl and brightly glowing orange eyes, then stares at Orin as he stumbles back. He suddenly lurches forward and hits her so hard that she launches into the crowd of spindly minions with a symphony of high-pitched screeching. Anthony suddenly appears at his side and catches him as he falls back. Then helps him back towards our goup.

"Are you alright? Selvan, can you fix this?" Anthony asks quickly.

"I'm fine. Please let me go. I can and will deal with her myself." He growls, that furious glow still in his eyes.

"What's your deal? Why are you so Beneath-bent to kill her yourself?" Alex presses as she lays a scarred hand on his shoulder. His glare shoots up at her and she takes a step back.

"Fine, but you're not doing this alone, you dingbat. We all came with to them for a reason. I'm not letting you do this on your own and you know very well that they aren't either," she insists, gesturing at our group. His eyes meet mine just as they transform. I hold out a hand and he takes it with a strong grip.

"We're here for you."

"Oh Queen Malion~" an echo sails through the air and I whirl around to find she had been standing right behind me. I unsheath my shorsword and just before I want to plunge it into her chest, darkness shackles me and I drop the sword. A blade appears at her throat, glowing gold.

"You harm her, I obliterate you." Selvan's deep rumble shakes the ground. She gives him a smirk then snaps her fingers, making a pool of darkness appear under him, but he floats above it and locks his hand around her eyes.

"SELVAN DON'T-" Herross's distant cry is interrupted by a crack and Selvan falls to the ground, limp and glassy-eyed, his head twists back in a way it shouldn't have been able to do.

Herross lurches forward and disappears with Selvan's body. The shackles break and I grab for my sword, kicking up and barring her way to Kaylum and Anthony before giving her a venomous glare.

I launch myself towards her, wanting to cut at her. She moves a hand towards me and I fly backward, crashing through the wall and rolling down the massive ledge that the castle stands upon. I hit the ground hard and struggle to open my eyes. When I do, I roll to the side just as Orin crashes into the ground. I spring to my feet and punch her square in the face. Moments later a deep gash appears on my stomach and I keel over to recieve a mighty blow to the head, sending me sprawling back and dizzy.

Her eyes flare Kaylum's same furious orange when she growls. Suddenly a loud boom rings out in the courtyard and debris explodes into a cloud of dust as some minions fly through the wall. I watch as the group plummets into the Lava lake.

Orin takes her chance and plunges her scythe into my abdomen above the slash. I snatch the growing green vial from her neck and push her away, realising that the scythe is going with her. I fall back and force myself to get onto my side. Then I open the vial and the magic shoots into my chest. I shriek but my wounds heal over to the point where blood isn't gushing out of my body anymore and jump to my feet. I slash at her, feeling my claws grow longer than they've ever been. Suddenly fire ignites in my palm and I send the ball into her. She goes flying back and it engulfs her with a massive boom.

Smoke rises and a piercing shriek shoots through the air.

Seconds later, she emerges from the soot. I bare my teeth at her and fling myself into her, bringing the witch to the ground and throwing many glowing punches to her face. Her blood stains the ground and she eventually throws me off. She wipes the dark blood off of her face and spits out a tooth. She stands there, examining me for a moment with squinted glowing eyes. When her eyes widen, my feet are pulled out from under me and I fall. She stands above me, her scythe at my throat. Suddenly I see smoke broiling down the cliff. A battle cry sounds from it and Orin moves, leaning down towards me.