Homesick

"Herross?" I called his name, qfter I had explained the rest of our journey out of The Realm of The Banished. He looked up at me, his eyes dim and grey. At least they weren't black.

"Are you alright?" I asked, my own vision starting to blur. He gave me a slight smile and sighed.

"I'm concerned. I've told Tavius to switch our vision if he finds her." He said, lacing his fingers together and figeting. A strange heaviness washed over the room and when I looked back at his eyes, they were fading closer and farther away from black.

"When he finds her." I told him. He gave a small laugh and placed a hand over my forehead. He stifled a gasp and his strained, thoughtful gaze switched to one of worry.

"Decoda... by your physical state and your state of mind, I would strongly recommend sleep. You need to recuperate while I figure out how to help you. Selvan is already on his way. I want to figure this out together with him." He explained.

"Herross... you don't seem to realise that your state of mind isn't doing well either." I muttered. He looked up, surprised.

"How do you...? Is my Gaian form that bad at hiding emotions?" He huffed, curning into himself more. I gave him a nod, the room starting to swirl and a new throbbing in my chest making itself noticable.

"You're very expressive, Herross." He looked down, thoughtful and disgruntled. He suddenly gasped as his eyes turned a bright yellow for a moment. Then the door opened and Selvan entered the room, only to have Herross bark at him in Celestial and disappear. Selvan was left standing in the doorway, stunned and confused.

"Decoda? What just- Are you alright?" He asked, interrupting himself while he walked farther into the emaculate room.

"I'm fine." I huffed, closing my eyes when a headache swelled up. I told myself that I needed to get through theese symptoms.

"You don't look it. What in The Beneath just happened? Why did Herross just leave and what on Gaia is going on with you?" He growled, taking Herross' armchair and leaning in close. The legs of the chair groaned as they were pulled closer to the bed frame.

"Orin stole some green magic that made me look like this and I can't get back into either form... so I guess I'm stuck as a Malian." I huffed, internally chuckling to myself.

"Was that a pun?" He asked and I grinned in response. I knew now wasn't the time but Selvan seemed to need a break from the shit we'd caused. So did Herross. Selvan gave a chuckle.

"I think I need time to figure this out. I can't get that magic back. If I were in the Celestial Realm, I would be able to create it again and give it back, but it would take a lot of energy to go back on my own or contact Norvek to open the portal, so I am afraid that is out of the question." He thought aloud to himself.

"What if we traveled there? We'v ealready traveled theough half the Nine Realms." I asked in a cynical tone, glancing away for a moment. Selvan filled the lingering silence.

"To put it simply, you would die." He growled, his gaze falling, "You don't understand the power needed to cross that boarder. I don't think you will ever understand it, Gaian." He said in a grave tone. His eyes were strange when he looked back up at me. They were a gleaming gold and his pupils were the same haunting shade of black that I had peared in Herross' eyes. They glared into me with a fury I had never seen in him.

"S-Selvan..." I mumbled. His eyes widened for a moment and he gasped, suddenly throughing himself back into the chair. They flicked back an forth in frantic thought as his breath got more heavy. He took a long moment before he seemed to remember that I was there.

"I'm so sorry, my dear. I don't know what came over me. I... is that what it feels like for Herross?" He mumbled the last bit to himself before standing up and taking a deep breath.

"I think it's best you take a rest. In the mean time, I will figure your condition out." He explained. After I gave him a hesitant nod, he waved a hand over my eyes and darkness consumed my vision.