Night on the Beach

"Barbara...?" I mumbled. She whirled around with a shrill yelp and scrambled backwards.

"Oh my gods, I'm so sorry. I never meant to scare you like that. Are... are you alright?" I ask her. She stared at me like I had three heads.

"You're a two-faced, lying child, Decoda. You go to another dimention and keep us from our daughter for months, then trap her there alone. And now you plan to go back just to kill her off? You approach me with kindness and concern but I know what you're up to. Benetheans are not to be trusted." She growled.

"While two-faced isn't wrong in the literal sense, in the figurative, it's just a massive misunderstanding. Alex knows her way with these kind of situations. We didn't have any more time. I wasn't working off the clearest mind. I was working with fear, disgust and agony. Beneath, I still am. I'm sorry for yelling at you and Mr. Burns. I'm sorry for being unable to explain anything right. This entire situation is just incredibly... difficult for me. I know it is for you as well." I told her quietly. She looked at me, her gaze now slightly softer.

"Children are always so reckless... I suppose you can't help it. Michelle wouldn't have either." She mumbled and turned her body away from me.

"About Michelle... if she got hurt in that realm - got put into a cell with someone like the ileth I was placed with - was hurt like that... I wouldn't hesitate to return the favour. She's special to everyone in Skladmir. I'm no exception about what I think of her. She's a great person. I would never intentionally hurt her and I promise you that, Barbara." I told her. She turned back to me, her eyes softly gazing at me through the darkness. She didn't need light to tell that I was dead serious.

"Thank you, Decoda. I... I misjudged you. You know, Michelle makes me so happy. She's my daughter... of course she does. She is my pride and joy and I miss her terribly." Her mumble was barely heard over the small waves that crashed and rolled onto the cool shore. I smiled.

"Do you maybe want to spend some time with Anthony, Kaylum and I? We promise not to splash you." I said, my smile growing into a grin. She let out a playgul sigh and started to head towards the rock pools.

"You better not." She chuckled.

I tailed behind her as I watched the two on the other side cuddle each other. Suddenly both went under and when they broke the water's surface again, they broke out into roaring laughter and more splashing ensued. Once Barbara got to the rockpools, she headed to the one farthest away and sat at the edge of the water. She watched us intently and refused any pleas to join in. Dispite the temperature dropping steadily, and Kaylum and I starting to get stiff, we continued with what had essentially become harmless wrestling. The air had filled with a thick mist and we could barely see Barbara anymore, but when we peeked out of the cloud we had created, she was still sat on the rocks staring intently at the mass of mist, this time, with someone else by her side. They were chatting and Selvan shot a smile in my direction. He turned to her and they exchanged a few brief words before he stood up, floated into the air and came down spinning into the mist. Selvan came up with a booming, boisterous laugh. His hair was still frozen in place by whatever he used in his hair to keep jt that way. Kaylum and Anthony joined in on our laughter and we continued our wrestling, Selvan obviously allowing his own weakness.

Hours later we were joined by Herross and Alex too. While Herross waited on the shore to keep Barbara company, Alex happily joined the frey. Once Alex had joined, Kaylum took his second break to warm up. This one was longer than the last, but he joined in again a few hours before sunrise. The night was completely spent by splashing, yelling and a much needed and very well deserved rockpool-party. As the sun started to rise, sending golden beams into the sky, everyone headed to the trees to dry off. The beach was still cast in shadow by the looming trees. Herross cradled Barbara in his arms while he looked down at her with a strange, innocent fascination. He had woken her and urged her to head back to the ship, but she refused and had her eyes glued on us once again. That's when Elliott joined the group. He gave me a big, comforting hug and grinned at me.

"Good morning, my Lethallin." He said warmly. I kissed his forehead and looked into his content eyes.

"You look really lovely this morning, my love. That rest did you well." I told him.

Our attention was grabbed by Kaylum's call, beckoning Anthony back onto the sand and gestured to the rest of us behind Anthony's back to stay and watch. He winked at me. This must have been his plan.

"Anthony... I wasn't expecting this many people here when I planned to do this, but I think after a night like that... it showed me that a life together with you would be all I could ever want or need. My glowing sun in the deep of night, my dearest night star... Anthony Martin, will you do me the honour of becoming my beloved husband?"