Chapter 7: Truth Filled With Tears

Cameron Pov

What is happening? Should I push him away? Smack him? Aah I don't know.
I was stuck in place not being able to move and quite frankly breathe. Noah had a good grip around my waist, hugging it as if his life depended on it. It low key scared me. This isn't a normal thing for Noah to do. I mean the last hug he gave me was in sixth grade and that wasn't even genuine. He ended up tapping a "Hit Me For Five Bucks" sign on my back while hugging me; my arm was so sore at the end of that day. I

Part of me wanted to pull away. Yet the other part is telling me to let him be. After all he is hurting. But I didn't have the heart to push him away.

After thinking to myself for a good minute, I slowly lifted my right hand up and reach out to rub his back as comfort but instantly pulled back  when he pulled away all of a sudden, fast like a track star, wiping his face and standing up on the porch stairs.

Noah cleared his throat "My bad, I didn't mean to...you know."

"No. It's okay." I reassured him. I could tell by the way he fidget with the back of his hair and glancing every where but at me now and then that he felt awkward about it. "Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm going to be. Well I have too; after all I am Noah Johnson." Noah said smirking as if he wasn't just crying. Noah was putting up a wall, a wall you could clearly see. He didn't want to be admit he was hurting, instead he wanted to show as if nothing phases the great mighty Noah Johnson

"You don't-"

"Anyways." He cut me off. "I better get going. I have to figure out a way to cover this shit of a mess up before practice. Catch you later." He said walking off the porch and from my house. Before he was fully gone he turnt back toward me "Hey, Cameron?"

I raised my brows "Yea?"

"Don't tell anyone about what happen; especially with ....me uhh crying. Okay?"

I nodded my head "Okay."

"Also, next tutor session at your place tomorrow? Around 5?"

"Yep. Sounds good to me." When he got my answer he smiled and officially walk off. Why was he hiding his feelings back?

⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎ ⁎

After the little scene that occurred on my front porch, I walked inside the house. I don't eat breakfast in the morning and barley ate lunch at school so a snack was well needed at that moment. When I came into the kitchen I noticed my mom in there, looking down, cutting up vegetables on the cutting board.
She must of heard my footsteps because suddenly she brought up her head coming in contact with me.

"Oh, cami! I didn't see you there. When did u get home?" She asked smiling as she went back to cutting the vegetables.

"Not too long ago." I sighed before taking a seat on one of the stools that was at the little counter top in the center on the kitchen. "You didn't have to work double shift today?"

"Nope. My boss finally decided to give me a day off, which I am highly thankful for being that I've been working every single day of the week."

"That's nice." I gave her a slight small smile.

She turnt around to the stove and plopped the multiple cut up vegetables into the big pot that was filled with soup and bits of chicken. Once everything went into the pot and she check to make sure the stove was on the right heat; she then came back to the center on the kitchen were I was ; putting both hands on the counter. "Alright what's up?"