Chapter 22: Lay Your Head On Me

"Is she dead?"

"I don't know."

"Kick her."

"What?! I'm not kicking my girlfriend."

"You're right....I'm her best friend so I'll do -"

I groaned and stirred in my sleep, being woken from the loud whispers that was going on around me. As my eyes opened slowly, the sight of three teens standing in front of the couch I was laying on came to my vision.

"Why are you all staring at me? Was I snoring?" I questioned, sitting up.

"No, baby." Noah said softly sitting down next to me, fixing my bed hair. "You've been asleep for quite some time and we were starting to get worry."

"We thought you died." Mia blurted out.

"Mia!" Max had blurted as well, lightly tapping her hand.

"Sorry."

Leave it too Mia to be straight forward.

The rain and thunder must of put me into a deep good sleep last night. Along with sleeping in the arms of Noah. It made me feel warm and calm.

"What time is it?" I asked looking over at Noah who was still stroking my hair.

Noah pulled out his phone with his free hand to check the time. "two in the afternoon." My eyes widen. No wonder Mia thought I was dead. I would of thought the same thing too.

"Ive slept for that long! Why didn't you guys wake me up?"

"Because I knew how much you must of been tired." Noah had reassured. "And because you were just too adorable to disturb." He pinched my cheek and I scrunched my faced up.

While Noah and I were acting all smiley towards each other, Mia chimed in scoffing. "Why cant we be adorable like that." She said crossing her arms and giving Max who was beside her, a pout.

Max chuckled. "You want me to pinch your cheeks?"

"Yes." Mia nodded rapidly.

Max reached out and gave Mia two freckled cheeks a pinch and a wide smile grew on her face. Noah and I watched, laughing at their stunt.

"Anyways." Noah stood up on his feet from off the couch. "They finally announced that it was safe for people to get back on the roads again and leave shelter. Being that said, I should head on home. I know my mom is worried. I'll see you two at school and you miss-" He bent down in front of me, placing his hand under my chin to lift it up. "I'll call you later on." And with that he gave my lips a soft peck.

Hmmm. If it wasn't for Max and Mia standing right there I probably would of grabbed a hold of his shirt and pulled him down for more.

Next time.

As he pulled away, I smiled, biting my lip while I watched his tall , nice bulky self walk off and leave out the door.

Is it sad that I'm already missing him and it has not even been a full day let alone a good fifteen minutes?

"We need to be heading off too." Mia said, making me break my gaze away from the door. "Tell your mom we really appreciate that she let us stay overnight for the storm. Have fun and take care. But not too much fun. And if you do have that much fun fun then fill me in on all the details sis. I mean all."

"I will tell her and if I do, you will be the first to know everything." I giggled.

"Like even the small details, such as-"