Chapter 13

Chas woke up with a start. "No don't!" She yelled. There were tears in her eyes.

Robert, who had come back inside, had closed his eyes minutes before Chas woke up. He immediately opened them as Chas panicked.

Cain who sat next to his sister, immediately looked at her. "It's alright." He comforted Chas.

"No it's not! My son, is lying there, in a coma and there's nothing I can do about." Chas replied angry and burst out in tears. "There is nothing I can do. Why don't we deserve a happy life? Is it too much to ask?"

"Sis, we're going to get through this. I promise you. Moira and I will help you this whole journey like we always have. Do you hear me?" Cain replied to his sister who was really upset.

"Yes." Chas cried.

"Good." Cain said and hugged Chas.

Victoria, Adam and Moira were all sitting in the waiting room being quiet. They were all so tired, but nobody wanted to give in. They all wanted to stay even though they knew they couldn't do anything about it. Vic had suggested to go to their house, but Adam had told her to stay so they'd support not only Aaron but also Chas who really could need the support. Lucky Vic understood it completely and stayed with her husband.

Vic looked at her watch and saw that it already was 2 am. "Anyone coffee?" She offered.

"Oh, yes please." Moira replied. "I think we all could use a cup."

"Robert?" Vic asked as her brother didn't reply. He just stared in front of him. It was like he was in another world.

"Robert?" Vic asked again.

"What?" Robert asked as he got awoken out of his daydream.

"Coffee?" Vic asked.

"Yes please." Robert answered quickly;

"I'll come with you." Adam said.