Chapter 15

As Liv had fallen asleep, Chas wanted to give her the rest she deserved and left her alone in her room.

"Hey sis, Moira and I are going home. If there's something you need, we're a call away." Cain said to Chas.

"Thank you, Cain."

"Always, sis." Cain said and gave Chas a hug. "It's going to be alright, you know. Aaron is a strong lad. He has proven it more than once. And you know us Dingles don't give up." Cain comforted his sister.

"Take care, Chas." Moira said and gave Chas a quick hug.

"Thanks." Chas smiled.

"You two are staying?" Chas asked Victoria and Adam.

"Yeah, I want to know my mate will be alright." Adam said with a soft voice.

Chas understood that, she knew Adam was Aaron's best mate and they'd do anything for each other.

Moira and Cain left the hospital as they couldn't do anything at the moment but waiting.

"Where is Robert?" Victoria all of a sudden asked.

"Euhm he went to get a brew." Chas replied.

"When was that?" Victoria asked.

"Euhm, it must have been half an hour ago." Chas said.

Chas was exhausted, it was 7 in the morning and she has had no sleep at all. She would never forgive herself if anything were to happen to her son without her being there to support him. She has let him down a lot of times, but the tables have turned. Chas has stepped up as a mother and promised herself she would never let her baby boy go away again.

"You stay with Chas, I'm going to search for my brother." Victoria whispered to Adam.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Adam asked Vic.

"No, I'll be fine. Make sure she is." Vic said and left the room.

Chas was sitting in the chair falling half asleep. She noticed the place was getting more busy as the hours started to pass.

"Here you are, we've been searching for you, mister." Victoria said to her brother who seemed very upset.

Robert, who was sitting on the ground against the hospital wall outside, looked up at his sister.

"You know there's a bench right over there." Victoria said pointing at the bench 2 meters away from them. She went to sit down next to her brother.

"Thanks, didn't notice that." Robert said. He looked like a wreck and felt like one as well.

"How are you holding up?" Victoria asked.

"I don't know." Robert stared in front of him. He had already been crying for the past half hour. He failed his boyfriend... again.

"Robert, you're my brother and I love you and I know when you're not okay. It's okay to not be okay. But put one thing in that smart brain of yours... none of this was your fault! It was an accident." Victoria tried to comfort her brother.

"It is Vic. Aaron wanted to get away from me. He literally told me he was done with me, that he didn't want me anywhere near him." Robert responded.

"But that was not your fault. Aaron didn't know the whole story, he's been hurt so many times that he must have had it. But I'm sure once he knows the real truth that he'll forgive you. He loves you, I can see it in his eyes." Vic said.

"You should have seen his eyes when he told me that he was done." Robert said.

"But he isn't and he's going to get through this. And he's going to need you to recover.'

"Vic, I'm so scared. I can't lose him." Robert broke down crying again.

Victoria put her arms around her brother and hugged him as Robert's head was resting on his sister's shoulder. "It's going to be alright, you know Aaron. He's going to get through this." Victoria couldn't keep it together herself. She knew she had to be strong for her brother, but Aaron was a friend of hers as well and she didn't want to lose him either. She cried as she was hugging her brother. "Come on, we got to be strong for him as well. We have to." Victoria wiped away the tears on her cheeks.

"Let's go back inside. It's freezing out here." Vic said.