Moving on

(Liam point of view)
It's been about a week since Aaron rescued Leah but he still keeps a watchful eye oh her. I don't blame him but I wonder how he is going to react to my news since he is still on edge. I walk into his room hearing him put his laundry away.
"Hey Aaron what ya up to?"

"Just cleaning up my room I guess I haven't paid much attention to it."

I nodded and looked around rubbing the back of my neck and messing with my beanie.
"What Liam? "

"Well you and Leah are engaged and are going to be married soon...."

He nods and continues putting his laundry away but his head slightly tilted so I know he is paying attention.

"I think it be best if I move out."

When that sentence left my mouth the whole room went silent. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal for me to be moving out but to my brother it is. We've always been there for each other and inseparable but it's time for me to have my own life.

"Aaron?"

He hasn't moved or said a word or even turn around to face me but I can tell his jaw is clenched and he is pissed

"Do whatever you want... but you are going to be the one to tell Leah."

Before I could explain myself more he shoved me out of the room and locked the door. I'm glad this was one of the times Leah was at her place so she didn't have to see Aaron like this. I walked across the hall and knocked on Leah's door. I needed to tell her but hopefully she wasn't little so she won't be upset. While I was lost in thought I heard the door open.
"Hey Liam...what's the matter?"

I haven't even notice that I was slightly crying. Leah took my hand and sat me on the couch. I didn't want to tell her. It felt like I was committing a crime but I knew I wasn't.
"Liam tell me what's wrong"

I explained that I was going to move out and how Aaron reacted to the news she nodded and rubbed my back.

"He is just over reacting Liam okay."

I shook my head and stared at the ground.
"You don't understand because he never told you."

I knew I should shut up but I couldn't the words just kept flowing out

"Leah our mother died when we were fourteen years old."

Her whole body stiffened and she covered her mouth.
"I'm sorry I..."

I held up my hand to stop her from apologizing.

"It happened in a car accident. Aaron took it harder than I did so I was there for him since that time. He hasn't been on his own since."

Leah nodded and squeezed my hand reassuringly. I rubbed the tears away from my eyes. It's been years but thinking about it still hurts.

"Since we are twins we have a strong bond as well. But he has you now."

Leah nodded and kept looking at me. All this information was probably a lot to handle but she needs to know.

"Liam I understand that you need your own life and that you feel guilty for wanting to move out but you are doing nothing wrong."

She looked around her apartment and I saw in her eyes that she got an idea.

"Liam what if we switch apartments. You can live your own life but you are only across the hall from Aaron?"

I looked up at her with bloodshot eyes and couldn't believe what she said.

"You'd do that for me?

"Of course I would you are family to me and I love you like a brother. I'd do anything for you."

Before I knew it I hugged Leah and lifted her up off the couch kissing her cheek and squeezing her. She squealed abd giggled. I can see why Aaron loves her she is so amazing. When I put her down we walked over to my place and got Aaron to come out of his room so we could talk about our plan. He seemed to have calmed down and wiped tears from his eyes.

"I thought you were going to leave me."

I hugged him tight and rubbed his back calming him down.

"I'm never leaving you Aaron. You are my brother and I'd do anything for you."

He nodded and smiled. After everything he helped Leah tell the landlord our plan and we started packing my things up. Tomorrow I'll be moving into Leah's apartment. I looked at my empty and thought of all the memories that I've had here with Aaron and not so long ago Leah. I don't know what I'd do without them both.