Family

(Liam point of view)

I looked at Aaron and Leah. I could tell by how tight Aaron was holding Leah hand that he was very nervous. I couldn't blame him though. The last time we saw our sister she just judged Aaron and yelled at him like he was an idiot. I swear she thinks she is our mother sometimes. All of us stepped on the plane and put our carry on away. I saw Leah fidget in her seat and look out the window.

"Be careful Leah I hear that gremlins can get on the wings of planes."

Her eyes widen and I tried to keep a straight face.

"R-really?"

I was going to keep messing with her but I felt a smack on the back of my head.

"Enough Liam."

I rubbed my head and put my earbuds in for the rest of the flight. 

********************************3 hours later***************************

We stepped off the plane and got going to our sisters house. Aaron was getting more nervous by the minute and I think Leah stared to notice as well. 

"Aaron everything will be alright."

"Liam what if it's not what if she is the same know it all bitch as last time?"

I shrugged my shoulders and our cab pulled up to her house. I walked up to her door and before I could ring the bell Mary answered the door and started bouncing in place.

"Uncle Li Li!!!"

She clung to my leg and wouldn't let go and she noticed Aaron behind me making silly faces at her. 

"MARY what have I said about opening doors?!

Our brother in law Erik came down to the front door and unstuck the toddler from my leg. 

"She is getting smarter by the day huh Erik?"

He nodded with an exhausted expression on his face. The poor bastard doesn't realize that Mary is more like Aaron and myself with some trait's of Susan. Mary poked her bottom lip out and widened her eyes when she noticed Leah holding Aaron hand.

"Who dat?"

Leah's cheeks turned red and she cleared her throat.

"I'm Leah Aaron's girlfriend."

Mary smiled wide and made a heart with her hands toward Aaron and Leah. In the middle of everyone talking I heard Susan's heels against the floor and the whole room filled with tension. Aaron pulled Leah closer into himself and I stood next to her. 

"Aren't you going to introduce your little girlfriend Aaron?"

He bit his lip and looked at me. I could sense how anxious he was and since we were kids he would always look at me when he felt nervous or panicked. 

"Susan this is Leah my girlfriend.

Susan looked Leah up and down as if she was inspecting her. She pursed her lips and walked into the kitchen.

"I'll go talk to her Aaron."

He ruffled his hair and nodded. When I went into the kitchen Susan was pouring herself a glass of wine.

"Susan cut them some slack alright."

She scoffed and raised her eyebrow at me.

"Why should I? She is just another one of his play things."

"DON"T TALK ABOUT MY BROTHER AND LEAH LIKE THAT!"

"He is my brother too and so are you so watch it Liam!"

"Than act like our sister and not our mother because you're not mom and never will be!"

I grabbed my jacket and walked to the front door hugging Mary and told Aaron we had to go. The whole way to the hotel was silent. Aaron could tell how pissed off I was. Usually I'm the one who is level headed and Aaron is the one with the temper.

"Li?"

I looked over at Aaron and he patted my shoulder. 

"Leah go to our room I gotta talk to Liam alright."

Leah went in the elevator leaving Aaron and me alone in the lobby.

"Aaron she took it too far by acting rude and condescending."

He nodded and grabbed my shoulder.

"Liam I know and thank you for sticking up for us but like you told me we are here for Mary so we are going to have to go back soon.

I picked up my bags and went into the elevator to my room and Aaron went to his.

"Also Liam I know you hate when she acts like mom but...she thinks it is best since...."

"Yeah I know. Goodnight Aaron."