Pt. 5

They have arrived at the ball in which Rory went straight up to prepare after being informed the obvious lateness.
"I'm gonna be at the bar if you need me." Said Lorelai.
"Oh can you sneak something for me?" Joey said not joking.
"What? You're sixteen."
"Yeah and this place is not for me." She moved her arms around and her mother took of rolling her eyes. "Well at least I look pretty." She said to herself looking down at the light-lavender colored dress that went down to her ankles and was put on place by two thin straps. It shaped her waist perfectly before opening in a princess cut, and was topped off with her curly hair being held out of her face by two front strands going to the sides and then clipped at the back together. She wandered off.

After some time she spotted her parents talking by the bar.
"Hey!" She exclaimed.
"Hey there you are. You look absolutely beautiful. As always"
"Thanks dad." She smiled to then look to her right. "I think Emily and Richard are fighting again."
"Ugh, yeah. I can't look. Did you mean him with the baby's breath?"
"No, they're just energetically practicing their sign language."
"Oh, God!"
"Okay, I think s this is a really good time for a Martini. Christopher proposed.
"Hello? Thirsty people here." Exclaimed Joey leaning in the counter, while Lorelai went around in.
"I'm-- what are you doing?"
"Steve won't mind."
"Little tip-- never a good idea to let people know you're on a first-name basis with the bartender.
"I think she's so much more pass that basis." The youngest one joked.
"Wow. This is really something?" Christopher looked into Lorelai's eyes."What?"
"You and I together at debutante ball."
"Yeah."
"Hey! I'm here!" Their daughters exclaimed a little bit anoyed at her parents ignoring her there for a moment.

***

The three Gilmore girls were walking down the streets of Stars Hollow accompany by Dean and Christopher after a night of glamour. Despite the discussion between Emily and his husband, everything eventually turned out for the better in Rory's honor.

"So did you know that you're considered a hot dad?"
"Really?" Christopher said in amusement.
"Well of course. Haven't you noticed what you've made?" Exclaimed the other twin gaining a few chuckles, when she really just directed it to her father who she shared a closer bond with due to the similarities. But otherwise she was happy he accompany her sister on the ball.
"Libby said that it's to bad you're my real dad because if you were my stepdad, I could steal you away from mom."
"That Libby's got a good life ahead of her."

When the chat carried on between the others and an awkward following-behind from Rory's boyfriend, Joey drifted off her mind to somewhere else that even she didn't know where that was. She was looking down at her feet but not really seeing anything, she could hear the fellow ones talking but didn't really listen. She was rambling behind them following the path without wondering where it'll take her. After all she didn't care.
She still was thinking about the difference between her and her twin sister. She of course adored her, and she was happy of her accomplishments, happy that Rory's life was different than hers, that she was living at her time and peace.

After her mother said some comments that concerned everyone and noticed that her youngest wasn't in the moment she felt a kind of saddens, on of a mother's worry, but she thought it would be best to leave the matter for another occasion.

Without her notice, Joey was left alone, not that it was anyone's fault either. Dean had headed to his house due to the fact that apparently he couldn't stand that tux anymore, Rory had gone straight to Luke's starving for some fries, and Lorelai and Christopher had walken off to talk a little. So yeah, she was left alone. She unconsciously noticed that, and wasn't against it. Of course she enjoyed a good alone time, but maybe this wasn't that one. She wasn't sad, or angry, hungry neither, she just wasn't feelin' it. So to wander alone she went for a little bit.

***

"Hey" Lorelai exclaimed entering the dinner.
"What?"
"After all you've been though tonight, and I come in here and find you eating like that?!"
Rory just looked at her searching for an answer wich she gave just by lifting her right pinky finger up from her burger.
"There you go."
After the brave words spoken between the two about Rory's experience at the ball, Luke approached with two other plates of burger and fries.
"So... back from the ball, huh?"
"Yes, I left behind a glass slipper and a business card in case the prince is really dumb."
"And a daughter." The girls glanced in confusion to the man.
Just in that moment Jess had came down but no one really noticed him.
"You left behind a daughter...? Where's the younger one?" Luke said pointing with his chin to Rory.
"What?" Both girls look at each other.
"Oh my God, where's your sister?"
Jess interest grew on the matter but still didn't joined the others, he just admired over from afar.
"What? I don't know."
"What do you mean you don't know?" Lorelai's asked worried, knowing that earlier she had seen her in what she thought was a sadness state.
"Well, when I came down here and she was with you and dad."
"What? No-- Christopher and I went down the park to talk, and she-- I don't know."
"What do you mean you don't know?" This time it was Luke's time to ask.
"I don't know."
"Oh God." He continued worried as much as the mother, which that was the only reason why he was worried: because the girl's mother was. By the time the two of them were all standing rambling about where the girl was at.
"Mom, she'll come around. As if she had never been out at night." She was looking up from her chair.
"Well but she was... She was somewhere else." She pointed at her head.
"Mom, she's always on her mind. Don't worry she'll come around." It wasn't like she didn't cared for her sister, but she felt she knew her more than her mother does, she was sure that nothing was on the matter.
"Hey, just... eat your burger, I'll pack this up." Luke said referring to the third Gilmore's food but without moveing yet.
"Thank you." In that moment Lorelai looked behind him to see his nephew pretending to work, but the astonishing fact was that he appeared to have stolen Luke's wardrobe. "Hmm. Luke." She just got a grumpy "What?" in response, then the man turned around to see the act his nephew was pulling out.
He approached him slowly trying to maintain the calm.
"What do you thin you're doing?"
"Working." The other one responded turning to him.
"So you think this is funny, huh?"
"I'm Sorry, I thought this was the uniform." He talked again, defying his uncle.
"Okay, you know what? That's fine. Have your little joke. Doesn't bother me at all. You just go over there and clean off that table. Okay. I'm ignoring you. You do not exist."
"Okay." And he went on to do what he was told.

In that moment Joey entered the dinner, making the bells ring above the door which made everyone there turn. The teenage boy was mesmerised by the girl's appearance. He wasn't one to like that kind of style, but he had to admit that she looked amazing in that dress, not that he was ever gonna admit it.

When the girl look up to see everyone staring, her eyes met the obvious scene in front of her and of course she couldn't resist.
"Now I see the resemblance." She spoke in the most joking and fuckingly-serious way possible.
"That's it. Get upstairs and change." The newcomer jumped at the suden raised voice. For a moment she thought it was directed to her. Apparently it wasn't time for jokes, again.
"Whatever you say, uncle Luke." Jess teased again, sending a grin to Joey, who just flattened her lips trying to contain the laughter now cuddled up next to her mother who has hug her as if she haven't seen her in years.
"It's "Luke"-- Just "Luke" Mr. Luke." He escorted the boy to the staircase. "In fact, don't address me at all!" He shouted up the stairs.

"You know, I'm really lucky." Lorelai talked to her daughters.
"Yeah? Why?"
"I have someone to complain to when life sucks or work sucks or just everything sucks, I have someone I can talk to."
"Yeah? Who?"
"Ooh, Shecky, you kill me." Their mom said imitating in a silly voice. "It just must be really lonely not to have that."
"You thinking bout grandma?" This time the youngest one asked.
"Mmm. I'm just... thinking."